We are back! - 10th ed Detachment

Saadjor

Not sure I’m a big fan of this set up. Seems like very watered down version of Master of Ambush and less attractive Strike from the Shadows to me. 

-1 to be hit is nice but so much out there ignored cover it should be a meme. If they just worded it to automatically subtract AP from a weapon (to zero) it would be more effective but not OP like adding one to a save roll 

I've played my Raven Guard the last few games in Gladius Detachment with basically the following setup:

-Phobos Lt. (leading incursors)

-Primaris Lt. w/ Bolter Discipline (leading Hellblasters)

5 Intercessors

5 Incursors

5 Infiltrators

6 dakka Aggressors

10 Hellblasters

3 Eliminators

3 Eliminators

Ballistus Dread

Ballistus Dread

Redemptor Dread

Invictor Tactical Warsuit

Repulsor

I've done *ok* with it, but got my teeth absolutely smashed in tonight by Thousand Sons.

My RG force is a random collection of Primaris stuff because they were my first "Primaris" army back when the Primaris line launched for 8th edition.  So they constitute a lot of the 1st-gen Primaris Stuff: 20 intercessors, 6 aggressors, 10 hellblasters, Repulsor, RedDread, as well as some of the later wave 2 stuff: infiltrators, incursors, warsuit and eliminators.   The latest wave 3 Leviathan stuff (Ballistus Dreads) plus whatever is coming out in the next few weeks has made for a force that lacks a comprehensive theme or "slot in" to any of the new detachments; I don't have enough phobos stuff to go Vanguard, I don't have enough assault stuff to do the Stormlance, I don't have enough veterans to do First Company.  I think the closest thing I have synergistically will be to the "Salamanders" detachment, but that's not really the playstyle I want to do.  My fear is that phobos (no pun intended) is going to be yet another iteration of a "meme" army (or, conversely, it will be "good" but will be best played by not actually taking any phobos stuff lol).

Anyway, losing the 2nd half of Oath really showed me tonight how anemic our damage output is without it.  I don't have high hopes for where we're going to be once the codex launches.  Stick to Crusade and narrative play.

You’ve seen my list. For better or worse I decided on leaning heavily into Gravis units back in 8th edition.

Most Gravis units are twin-linked or in the case of Eradicators have built in rerolls that really hit the meta hard right now. I have 10 so so could go 3 x3 but might bite the bullet and grab another box to go 2 x6 or 1 x6 and 2 x3. Inceptors of either variety are good the plasma more so against elite troops or vehicles. Aggressors shooting and melee being twin linked is really nice.

Twin-linked in anything now that OoM was nerfed is killer but I’m still learning the nuances of 10th so everything is still just tearing for me. Really don’t expect to be taking down meta armies until I’ve had a chance to work through the details in the Codex. 

PS: My back up plan is pivot into two units of 10 Jump Intercessors and Shrike and a Jump Captain if I can get 10 more of the assault marine jump packs to convert my 20 Assault Intercessors. Funny how that pack disappeared off shelves so quickly lol