Finished my first ever minis! Nothing fancy but I'm happy with 'em.

Chose Wraithblades because a) the Wraiths are some of my favourites in the range and b) they looked like some of the easiest to paint, being mostly smooth surfaces. I missed a few spots, went over a few lines, and couldn't figure out shading for the life of me, but hey, I can finally say I built and painted some lil' warhams. See if you can guess which one I didn't follow the instructions for and had to rip its leg off and re-pose. Hint: it's the one that looks like my dad stretching his dodgy back out after sitting down for too long.

IMG_20230925_210936823.jpg

IMG_20230925_211047477.jpg

IMG_20230925_211055621.jpg

IMG_20230925_211112489.jpg

IMG_20230925_211153335.jpg

IMG_20230925_211211007.jpg

27 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Nice work. Good clean finish (very Eldar) and I like the snow effect on the bases. :thumbsup:

Hey, thanks! It kinda sorta looks like moon rock, depending on how the paste settles. I'm gonna try to find a reliable way to get little mini crater shapes into it.

4 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

These look great! That's a very clean white too, I still struggle with that. Well done! :happy:

Thank you! The credit for the white has to go to the paint itself: Mr Hobby Aqueous Hobby Color H21 (Off White Gloss). Slap it on straight out of the pot, apply more coats until it looks even. The low resolution of my phone is also doing it a favour, as there are a couple bubbles that don't show up in the photos.

Very nice paint job, well done - I'm also going to add that you've also got a very nice colour composition, lots of beginner painters have a tendency to slap down too many colours a bit haphazardly, but you've kept it looking slick and elegant, well done :thumbsup:

Thanks doc! Figured I couldn't go wrong with primary colours, black & white, and silver & gold. Next up: warp talons, with half that palette swapped out for pink. Something something Slaanesh, something something loud now.

9 minutes ago, Kierdale said:

They are devilishly tasty!

Are those...deviled soulstones??

1 minute ago, Kierdale said:

But in all seriousness, do you plan to add more to the army?

I don't think so. My Emperor's Children and Orks are already making tactical reconnaissance forays into shelf territory awarded to Mrs Lucius in the New Apartment Treaty upon which the ink is barely dry. I can probably find space for one more eldar - perhaps one that's perpetually being shot in the face at point-blank range by a marauding Raptor.