Multipart Terminators well designed for chapter specific upgrades.

Marshal Mittens

Looking at the sprue pictures, the chest plates, leg front plates, power fist covers, and even the thigh plates are separate, so they can easily produce upgrade sprues with those parts specific to a chapter, to make the generic terminators chapter specific very easily.

I wonder if we will see this first with Dark Angels in the spring? 

Screenshot_20230927_183959_Chrome~2.jpg

I've been building Allarus Custodians who have some similar build functions and while sub-factions are not really a thing for them I think that it provides (at least in my mind) an example that assemblies can't be reliable to predicting future kits.

43 minutes ago, Silas7 said:

I've been building Allarus Custodians who have some similar build functions and while sub-factions are not really a thing for them I think that it provides (at least in my mind) an example that assemblies can't be reliable to predicting future kits.

Yeah, both kits are likely built like that for casting quality(undercuts etc), not modularity.

Whether or not Gw will take advantage of the parts like that, who knows.

1 hour ago, Karak Norn Clansman said:

Send GW customer service an e-mail with a wish for such upgrade sprues to be released. Customer requests can help make it happen, if it isn't already planned.

There is a market for it, after all.

While you're at it, can you ask for rules for Krieg Engineers? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Triszin said:

They claimed this about intercessors and aggressors.

However we haven't seen any chapter specific upgrade kit offer these bits

That's kind of a shame though, they have the separate leg plates for those and it's prime real estate to add some gilding for Blood Angels, plates like Ragnar has for Space Wolves, etc.

9 hours ago, Triszin said:

They claimed this about intercessors and aggressors.

However we haven't seen any chapter specific upgrade kit offer these bits

Lack of evidence doesn't mean it can't happen.

They did release upgrade kits that had specific bits for those exact two kits, for literally every MAJOR chapter (In fact, the non codex compliant chapters got some pretty trash upgrade kits, whereas the Codex chapters got some pretty dope upgrade kits, comparatively).  They don't cover shinpads, but the lack of them doesn't mean they won't do them.

They are now mostly finished Resizing the Space Marine range, I fully expect a lot more of these bespoke upgrades to start coming through, starting with the DA that are already rumored.

• 4 weeks later...