Legions Imperialis Drop Pods

Exactly what it says on the tin. Can be built in transport or Deathstorm flavours.

yzfDJsh48ul8uhiG.jpg

TdK7FXXMKi52IP0o.jpg

F7HVNlKXcAABbQq?format=jpg&name=large

The forthcoming Legiones Astartes Drop Pods box contains enough parts to build four pods in either configuration. They’ll be available – much like Legions Imperialis itself – sooner than you think!

Edited by Lord Marshal

Awesome! Also 30k/40k plastic deathstorms incoming?

10 minutes ago, TheMalius said:

'Available sooner than you think.'

TBH that puts the range at about somewhere in the next 12 months

Edited by matcap86

21 minutes ago, TheMalius said:

'Available sooner than you think.'

Ah yes, like the mkIII/deredeo/ Proteus box which still isn't available...

Ironically the wolf heads and praetor shown off last week ARE available this Friday. Had they said they would be available "sooner than you think" that would be correct. GW need some language lessons...

I just sort of assume that whenever they talk about things releasing very soon and/or giving a relatively defined date, the universe jinxes them. I remember them saying the first Dawnbringer book was only a couple of weeks away, which then turned into close to two months. They said LI would be August and we know how that went. Then they said the new MKIII set was very soon and- yeah.

So we should be seeing these in 2024. 

What does "sooner than you think" really mean?

The buzz around the game is weaker now and I think/worry it'll impact sales.

The logical thing for the company to do is rachet up promotion again nearer release, which they haven't done. Which implies it's either miles away from a release or GW just don't realise and they're going to just let it stagger out of the release schedule and potentially flop.

1 hour ago, Captain Idaho said:

What does "sooner than you think" really mean?

The logical thing for the company to do is rachet up promotion again nearer release, which they haven't done. Which implies it's either miles away from a release or GW just don't realise and they're going to just let it stagger out of the release schedule and potentially flop.

It literally means nothing. August 31st they said "sooner than you think", nothing has happened yet. Wolf praetor shown last week goes on pre order this Friday... Honestly I give up.

16 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

It literally means nothing. August 31st they said "sooner than you think", nothing has happened yet. Wolf praetor shown last week goes on pre order this Friday... Honestly I give up.

They're saying the same about the kill team box and the new 30k box. We know that until mid October there's nothing coming up but the marines, so logic states one of the 3 games gets something back end of October, the other 2 are in November and possibly share it with admech/necrons/flesh eaters and sigmar campaing book whatever-number.

49 minutes ago, Burni said:

Give me Land Raiders and some fast attack (Scimitars and/or Javelins) and I could live with GW giving LI an Aeronautica level of support after that.

Don’t get me wrong, I want them to fully support it and add new factions etc but drop pods are a big tick on my wants list. 

Don't forget them Super Heavies, Falcion and Fellblade.

I just spent the next two months Hobby cash on MtO terrain, so if this takes a few more months I'll not cry too hard... only a bit.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

Drop pods are a very welcome surprise, a bit of a shame there don't seem to be dreadnought variants, but we can't have everything.

As others have said, 4 seems like an oddly small number, which could be an indicator that there are limits on how many units you can place in reserves? That's just speculation of course, it could just be a sprue size thing - these drop pods probably take up a lot more plastic than a rhino, especially with the Deathstorm option.

I'm personally taking "sooner than you think" to just be an attempt at reassurance that LI is still coming some time in the next few months. It's better than total radio silence, albeit only marginally.

13 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

I was more excited for this game when it was first teased. Since then, after seeing the reveals and rumors, my interest has waned so much, this game isn't even on my radar anymore.