Tyranid Unit of the Week 10th Ed Haruspex

Brother Nathan

++Hausperax++
nids background.PNG

Another Monster this week. And currently very popular. How are you running it. How many... can you even find them? 

• To compliment a list, or to build a list around? Will the beta rules affect your list(s)? And at what points restrictions?
  • What size unit? Will you be running multiple units?
  • What Enhancements, Hyper Adaptations and Stratagems do you prefer and how much does it depend on the above choices?
  • Are you buffing this unit? If so, how

One of the big hitters in our codex, actually has worthwhile attacks at a profile that is thretenting to stuff. Sweep attacks with D2, and S14 'smash' attacks, but actually gets both. One of the stronger monsters in the game I think, however limited by 8" movement and no shooting. 

On 10/1/2023 at 1:22 PM, Zoatibix said:

hilariously* undercosted.

Half agree there, he's strong at 125, however I think that'scompared to other stuff in the codex. The Spex is better than the SK at 180 for sure, but the SK is maybe 30-40pts too much! He'd probably be ok at 140, but with no native FNP or invuln, he'll still die fast vs dedicated anti tank, like all the damn lancers that are around these days. 

On 10/2/2023 at 3:50 PM, Zoatibix said:

He has shooting! How very dare you! :angel:

True, my mistake, I seem to forget about that tongue. The profile isn't too bad and you stand a good chance of eating a support character without a save.

Haruspex is still crazy good, mine too a beating in a game from a Knight volcano lance, down to 5 wounds, then still charged into 5 hellblasters and Azrael, and (getting lucky) wiped them all! This was in Crusade though, so my Haruspex maw has +1WS and +1D. Getting +1 to hit on him is huge, so an advantage for crusher stampede...however rapid regeneration kept him alive so another win for invasion swarm.