Mind-Locked Wyrd + Cephalopod Spektors + Van Saar Ash Wastes Upgrades

21 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Feels like an odd choice to bundle the hired gun wyrd in with the Delaque pets? Especially as she has such an unusual head of hair :P 

I guess it's because of their preferred alliance, but I agree, it's a shame. But I can imagine someone just buying for the wyrd could sell off the spekters individually, adding up to more than the kit's actual value?

7 hours ago, Dagoth Ur said:

The Cephalopod Spectors look amazing.

Now if only they weren't absolute garbage rules-wise....

I like them too. But, I would have really liked Mister Handy like the original artwork.

7 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Feels like an odd choice to bundle the hired gun wyrd in with the Delaque pets? Especially as she has such an unusual head of hair :P 

Third time they've done something like this. We had the only caryatid (a generic pet available to any faction) they've released bundled with an Escher House Agent & the only grapplehawk (again, a generic pet for any faction) bundled with an Ash Wastes Nomad character. It sucks that if you want either of those pets and don't collect the relevant faction, you either convert your own of buy a more expensive kit and have to sell the rest.

Now we've got a wyrd that's available for any faction bundled with Delaque pets, so if you only want the pets or you only want the wyrd you're stuck trying to get rid of the rest. 

Edit: scratch that, fourth time. They did the same with cyber-mastiffs ages ago, releasing the only cyber-mastiff with an Orlock character. Less of an issue as for a while cyber-mastiffs were Orlock only, and they have since released cyber-mastiffs in a different Orlock set as well. Still sucks if you play a non-Orlock faction and want hacked cyber-mastiffs.

Edited by Toxichobbit

2 hours ago, Wormwoods said:

Look, I say this about every side game, including Age of Sigmar, but that would make a great model/base for a conversion for an Inquisitor and/or Inquisitorial retinue. 

Would make a good IG/AM psyker or chaos witch as well. Might have to make my first forge world purchase.

13 hours ago, Arikel said:

Would make a good IG/AM psyker or chaos witch as well. Might have to make my first forge world purchase.

I think this one would make a great Chaos witch. Makes me wish we had more comprehensive datasheets for mortals in the Chaos books.

On 10/2/2023 at 2:03 PM, Dagoth Ur said:

The Cephalopod Spectors look amazing.

Now if only they weren't absolute garbage rules-wise....

Quite - 100 credits for no armour save, an intelligence bonus(but only available to gangers with good int) and an S1 seismic bomb that goes off when the owner dies is never gonna be more useful than the 3 juves you could buy.