Predictions and hope for 10th codex

Sir Clausel

I could imagine that our current detachment will stay so and in addition we will get 4 extra detachments with each VOW but more things in it then in our current one.

But i am not sure about this.

I think we wont get a new squad or new character - I think more that we will get something all marines can have OR additional kit for terminator tabbards or something like this.

But again - i am not sure.

Yeah, there's a lot of speculation and talk right now about divergent chapters, and the idea we'll be "Space Marines+" (which as we all know BT always are even when we have/had sub-par rules). Personally, I doubt it'll be 6 new detachments as that seems excessive. I feel it will be 4 max, one for each specific vow like @Medjugorje suggested. Or maybe only an extra 1 or 2? 

We'll get a better idea of what to expect rules-wise once the DA codex comes out next year (?) 

The rumours are that they're getting a range refresh like us (once again copying the superior knightly chapter :cool:) so unfortunately we won't be able to predict new models specifically for us (if any), but we should get an idea of how many detachments we'd get.

I kinda hope the divergent marine chapters get a different army rule. One to symbolize how different they are and to then have some even more different detachments. 

I hope we will get our vows as a army rule and then maybe some detachments to dig deeper into the vows. Maybe we will see if that might happen when the Dark Angels dex releases. 

28 minutes ago, Kilamandaros said:

Just annoying we're now back to having expensive vehicles again since the marine codex point drops don't apply to ours - hopefully won't have to wait for whenever our codex comes out which could be years...

I honestly feel these new points are so weird. Why not have them the that way from the update? Just one month or so after that its changed again. But then again nids changed the day after :p

I can't imagine we will get 4 (or more) detachments in a BT codex, unless they fully break us off from being able to use the SM detachments (which I don't think is going to happen).  Maybe 2.

Divergents getting 11+ detachments to choose from is just a straight up bias for us and I think it would be hard for them (GW) to claim any commitment to balance/fairness if a few divergent space marine chapters get twice as many detachments to pick from than every other faction. 

As for new unit...I predict a big new SM dedicated transport to come out which can pack in a full Crusader squad :-D

We will see how the divergent chapters are treated when DA get their stuff, I think what will happen is there'll be 3-4 unique detachments and then 3-4 of the generic detachments in each codex, so that everyone has access to similar tools. So DA will get DW instead of 1st company, RW instead of Stormlance and a combined arms/greening instead of Gladius and then the other generic detachments.

So for us I can see getting Marshall's Household for our veterans, a Fighting Company detachment for our bread and butter and maybe one focused on vehicles and transports.

On 10/4/2023 at 3:12 PM, Sir Clausel said:

So what do you think and/or hope happens in our codex? 

GW said everyone will get at least one new model. What do you think/hope we get?

What kind of detachments do you think considering what codex SM got?

Do we get a major rules rework?

Everyone on their roadmap will get a new model, that only includes the codexes they showed that release before and during next spring.

• 2 weeks later...

Our range was recently bolstered.  And almost every vanilla marine release is also a BT release.  So i expect only a single new model kit as described.  Probably just a character model.  It would be nice to get a BT aesthetic kit for terminators tho.

As for rules.  We dont know how GW is going to do marine supplements yet.  I do not expect chapter supplements that give a bunch of detatchments without losing the vanilla codex detatchments.  It would be a bit silly for all the vanilla codex chapters to have 6 detatchments, then have BT/BA/DA/DW/SW have their own set of 6 detatchments plus the 6 vanilla ones.  So I expect either all Supplemental Chapters to have the 6 vanilla plus 1 unique detatchment, or their own set of 6 unique detatchments and are not allowed to use the 6 vanilla ones.  The "6vanilla +1" feels more likely as it would be easier for GW, and it would be kind of annoying to have to buy the vanilla codex and then not be allowed to use all the detatchments in it.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

13 hours ago, Canadian_F_H said:

Our range was recently bolstered.  And almost every vanilla marine release is also a BT release.  So i expect only a single new model kit as described.  Probably just a character model.  It would be nice to get a BT aesthetic kit for terminators tho.

Old habits for me die hard, so I'm still not expecting a new model kit. Have too many characters already, but would obviously take a BT specific one no questions. I mean I'll take what I get. BT bling set for terminators would be *chef's kiss* though.

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

I have no clue concerning detachments we are getting when our codex comes out?

Our new model kit could be a new castellan kit, like how Dark Angels and Blood Angels have their own specific lieutenant kit?  I know we have the throwback  John Blanche Castellan but the sculpt is very limited in terms of how he looks with little opportunity to modify him. I'd personally like a second upgrade sprue:  One with Black Templar Terminator bits, TWO additional vehicle multi-meltas on the sprue, several new helms, and several chained weapons & pistols. Things that would match any rules changes in our codex (such as increased access to Neo volkite pistols, etc). 

Edited by Eilio Tiberius

6 minutes ago, Tokugawa said:

If 10th BT is going to be a small release then it very possibly has only 1 new model kit. I don't like to see one more officer model. How about a named/themed dread? Leading a mechanized detachment.

Ooh a character dread would be sick! I would love to see Castellan Draco get a new mini.

after the big release I dont think we will get anything big. Maybe another upgrade sprue for the new Space Marine units like temrinators, Jump intercessors etc...

And honestly.... I am happy right now. We are on a good spot.

But i am so intersted to see how the dark angels codex will look like. I could imagine that they are getting 2-3 new detachments + 1-2 from the normal space marine codex. 

Edited by Medjugorje

8 hours ago, Medjugorje said:

after the big release I dont think we will get anything big. Maybe another upgrade sprue for the new Space Marine units like temrinators, Jump intercessors etc...

And honestly.... I am happy right now. We are on a good spot.

But i am so intersted to see how the dark angels codex will look like. I could imagine that they are getting 2-3 new detachments + 1-2 from the normal space marine codex. 

Yeah. Most likely it'll be a single character kit, after that probably an upgrade sprue is the most likely? Since older Terminator pads are just a little too small on the new terminators, I could see them doing a termie upgrade sprue for every chapter with a codex. (wolves, da, ba, us). A bespoke BT terminator kit would be rad, but is probably among the least likely. Maybe they could make an upgrade sprue geared more towards vehicles? I don't really see us getting a 'new' unit type, unless its a variant vehicle.

But really, when we got bayard's revenge after the massive BT release, I thought we already had seen the last new kit for a long while.

Codex wise, the DA codex will reveal the situation for all variant chapters with a codex going forward for 10th.

Edited by Marshal Reinhard