Updated Mark III + Potential Deredeo

1 hour ago, Xenith said:

Pretty happy with the Mk3 adapters to the weapons kits, good work GW

I assume the special weapons kits can use the mk3 arms as normal from the kit, however the heavy weapons kit unique arms need the adapters?

Tbh I think you could use the regular arms for any heavy weapon that isn't shoulder mounted as well. I don't actually have them but the hand spacing is the same as the rotor cannons and I do have those. The poses are slightly different but you could probably use the mark 3 arms directly for those with just a bit of sanding or greenstuff on the exposed bodysuit at the wrists and cutting the fitting peg if you are so inclined but if you bought the heavy weapons then you got the arms already anyway.

Some more examples of painted minis by the studio:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/13/behold-new-horus-heresy-space-marines-and-dreadnoughts-painted-by-the-masters/

Gotta say. These look... okay at best? It mostly just solidified my opinion that the vambraces are far too small and the shoulderpads are too big. The few minis that have older style shoulder pads immediately look better (in my opinion). 

mk3 comparison.png

The guy with the new shoulderpads (right) is at least protecting his ears I suppose.

Edit, also some helmets without the spike. Improvement imho, and still interesting to see if that was just filled with putty, or an option in the kit. 

mhoMHYYBgO7fBX3U.jpg

Edited by matcap86

I prefer some aspects of the new models, but less keen on others. They do seem a little too “smooth” for Mk III, as some have suggested above. And no chainblades in sight. Nice to see Luna Wolves get some love. Where’s the double-handed chainsword from? Is it a conversion or from a forgeworld pack? 

Edited by LameBeard

Yeah I geuss the groin plate took up the chain bayonet spot. No way all these guys build marines and not one uses chain bayonets. 

1 hour ago, LameBeard said:

I prefer some aspects of the new models, but less keen on others. They do seem a little too “smooth” for Mk III, as some have suggested above. And no chainblades in sight. Nice to see Luna Wolves get some love. Where’s the double-handed chainsword from? Is it a conversion or from a forgeworld pack? 

Despoiler upgrade kit has a the heavy chainblade. Nice to see the one guy there with the Iron Warriors heavies used regular arms for at least a few of the marines. I kinda figured half the poses were compatable right out of the box no cutting or sculpting required.

8 hours ago, matcap86 said:

Some more examples of painted minis by the studio:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/13/behold-new-horus-heresy-space-marines-and-dreadnoughts-painted-by-the-masters/

Gotta say. These look... okay at best? It mostly just solidified my opinion that the vambraces are far too small and the shoulderpads are too big. The few minis that have older style shoulder pads immediately look better (in my opinion). 

mk3 comparison.png

The guy with the new shoulderpads (right) is at least protecting his ears I suppose.

Edit, also some helmets without the spike. Improvement imho, and still interesting to see if that was just filled with putty, or an option in the kit. 

mhoMHYYBgO7fBX3U.jpg

I like the bigger pads. Just wish there were more people making fancy ones in the new size. The helmet spikes though if you look at the article from yesterday there's a close up two styles of picklehaube spikes and banding the one style wich you see here has a little bulb and would be super easy to just clip and sand down the other one not so much as it's a cylinder that goes right down to the helmet. Gonna have to super careful with that one and prolly break out the greenstuff to clean it up. I kinda wish the banding wasn't there at all.

I personally don't care about the chain bayonets, I have plenty laying around from the MK VI. Maybe it's a big deal, but not to me.

much prefer that they solved the issue with the heavy weapons upgrades.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

10 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I personally don't care about the chain bayonets, I have plenty laying around from the MK VI. Maybe it's a big deal, but not to me.

much prefer that they solved the issue with the heavy weapons upgrades.

Agreed. I'll be cleaning up the arms for plasma cannons this weekend now I know how they solved the 'issue'. 

7 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Agreed. I'll be cleaning up the arms for plasma cannons this weekend now I know how they solved the 'issue'. 

We call it an 'issue', but they clearly thought about it a long time ago, so it was only from our perspective.

Either way, that's a big deal to me to do what I want with the models, so it makes me quite happy.

Yeah I got a ton of extra ones from the Mk6 Blood Angels army I have also was planning some heavy weapons for them with conversion for extra armour like hip guards and heavier helmets, rimmed pauldrons, and reinforcement studs on the left leg "void hardened". So these bits are great. Will also look cool sticking one on the chainsword hand of despoilers like Assualt Intercessors have going on. 

53 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

We call it an 'issue', but they clearly thought about it a long time ago, so it was only from our perspective.

Either way, that's a big deal to me to do what I want with the models, so it makes me quite happy.

I'm very, very happy to be honest. For someone that was about pure mkiv I've ended up with a ton of mkvi and looking forward to playing with the mkiii

5 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Yeah the two piece pads are great from a detail standpoint but making that gap look flush got so annoying I just printed a bag of em.

I don't normally use plastic glue but did for this, sorted some but not all. However, thankfully from a distance it isn't noticeable. Thankful though that this time I can just whack 'em on without having to do any of that.

99123001037_HHLAMKIIITacticalSquad06.jpg

Sprue pics up on New Zealand page, looks like plenty of head options and no chain bayonets, i never had much of an issue with the 2 piece pads, regular trimming and poly cement got em together without an issue for me.

Edited by Noserenda

They don't need the two-piece pad without the bonding studs, so it makes sense these ones don't have it.

That said, they didn't bother me either.

Not having the backpacks in two pieces is a good thing, that was an annoying part of the old kit.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

4 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Sprue pics up on New Zealand page, looks like plenty of head options and no chain bayonets, i never had much of an issue with the 2 piece pads, regular trimming and poly cement got em together without an issue for me.

Getting them together was no problem it was getting them together and filling in the line only to discover upon priming them that you hadn't quite finished the job. Sanding inbetween the bonding studs without sanding the bonding studs is a bit tricky and fiddly. Thankfully like the old mark 3 packs 3d printing solved both those issues for me. Wich is great cuase I just found a cut sprue of mk 6 pads I'd run over with my hobby chair that ain't looking so hot.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

On 10/14/2023 at 7:50 AM, OttoVonAwesome said:
On 10/14/2023 at 2:57 AM, 01RTB01 said:

I don't normally use plastic glue but did for this, sorted some but not all. However, thankfully from a distance it isn't noticeable. Thankful though that this time I can just whack 'em on without having to do any of that.

Yeah there was always a couple you thought you'd nailed till the primer hit and you got an ugly line down the middle.

I know the pads are bigger but I feel like the SoH despoiler guy didn't fit them properly either cuase they aren't bigger up top they are longer not taller and the banding is actually smaller. Would be hilarious if the resin despoiler kit doesn't fit the pads properly though. Also interesting to me how many 3-d printed bits are getting showcased by GW official channels lately cuase that's not the reaver shoulder pad.