Updated Mark III + Potential Deredeo

I would expect them to be boxed like thr mkVI. Boltguns only, 20 to a box. Probably the slight size increase. Which, for me, wasn't enough to really be upset about. So, buying current box for more options might be a good idea. Especially with all the upgrade kits I have that will need properly sized bodies to go to. Love the spiked heads on these examples!

6 minutes ago, Sky Potato said:

Having missed the live stream - what did they say about the updated armour marks?

I'd love some MkIII and MkIV plastic jetbike riders. And MkII, when they inevitably release the MkII dudes as well.

They didn't. At least not during the stream, I dont know about the Q&A afterwards. They just said "here are some teases of what's to come" and this was one of them. Although I'd say it makes more sense when you compare it with the roadmap which says "armor update" instead of release.

I haven't decided on how I feel about this yet. Yes the models look great, but as someone who has a decently sized IW army, all built in MK3, it's now a decision point of whether I buy new ones, or buy up the old ones. Again, the new ones look good, but I like my marine heights to match in the army, with the exception of characters which I can deal with

Ngl, I absolutely love this redesign. Nails the mechanical/bulky look and the spikes for the helmets are a great nod to the Visions artwork. The extra detailing on the sights of the bolter are great as well.

Would I ideally like plastic MKII to happen first (if it is ever happening)? Yeah. But that isn't going to ruin my enjoyment of these.

After really pouring over them I also love most of the redesign. All the skateboarder elbow and knee protectors are changed to hinged armour plates, the legs are better in proportion. The backpack is growing on me in it's brutalist style. The helmets (without the picklehauben) are a major improvement and the spikes are easily removable if they're plastic. 

The only 2 things I don't really like is the oversized fat looking phobos and the skull instead of the belly armour plate. But both of those are probably easily remedied. 

5 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

the spikes for the helmets are a great nod to the Visions artwork

Is it? GW suddently retconning back that those are a generic feature instead of the Death Guard trademark look for decades seems like misguided nostagia to me. Who are they trying to appeal to? It doesn't make sense for old players or new ones coming from 40k.