Updated Mark III + Potential Deredeo

48 minutes ago, lansalt said:

At last we get an image of them painted as DG:

2023-10-14120556.png.c9287cd33c9ccc171b58e82eb3c2b995.png

It looks great thanks to the pickelhaube and the rounded/bloated feel of the new design.

Yeah I’m surprised it’s not one they’ve shown off before. I’d have maybe tried harder to get a box from a retailer had I seen this before, DG are a legion I’m considering and this is probably the best scheme I’ve seen the new models in so far. 

2 hours ago, matcap86 said:

Wow that went fast, all my FLGS are out of the new big box. Think they didn't make too many of those. 

I dunno mate, a couple of hours later and it’s still available at GW.

Maybe they’ve just kept stock back for their own website instead of pushing stock down to FLGS?

Edited by Sky Potato
Missed a word

4 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Yeah there was always a couple you thought you'd nailed till the primer hit and you got an ugly line down the middle.

Never had that problem, didnt need to sand them either, just regular trimming and poly cement worked just fine.

41 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

And just like that I like them a lot better:

Capturemk3.thumb.PNG.0ece15cdbfb7896270964d4cc033addb.PNG

from https://www.instagram.com/liampaintsstuff

Agree that the old heads are way, way better than the new ones. They're like hens teeth now though. Will need to look for alternatives.

I've managed to get hold of a box for myself and a friend from a "local" store. Zero issues and the site still has stock. Definitely not the insanity expected.

2 hours ago, AGRAMAR said:

Thanks. I'm going to check how many I need. At least 20 for now

I've got 65 ish so all good.

While the exemplary battles book is a huge disappointment, the more I see of the new Mark III, the happier I am. The designers are doing a brilliant job with the new plastics. Hopefully we get redone Mark IV & Tartaros/Cata in the future after the incoming Assault Squad/Command Squad (though I'd love Mark II as the priority).

11 hours ago, matcap86 said:

And just like that I like them a lot better:

Capturemk3.thumb.PNG.0ece15cdbfb7896270964d4cc033addb.PNG

from https://www.instagram.com/liampaintsstuff

I have a bunch in the forgeworld style I downscaled to mk 6 size and printed a long time ago. More oval and got the deeper eye sockets, thick angry looking plate on the brow. The plastic helmets are huge and I always like the Forgeworld ones better. Can't wait to see what they will do for legion upgrades though. I gotta admit the new helmets are pretty ugly.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

1 hour ago, Marshal Loss said:

While the exemplary battles book is a huge disappointment, the more I see of the new Mark III, the happier I am. The designers are doing a brilliant job with the new plastics. Hopefully we get redone Mark IV & Tartaros/Cata in the future after the incoming Assault Squad/Command Squad (though I'd love Mark II as the priority).

Same but I got a feeling Mark 4 will jump the que. What would be really cool is if they came out at the same time.

1 hour ago, 01RTB01 said:

I've managed to get hold of a box for myself and a friend from a "local" store. Zero issues and the site still has stock. Definitely not the insanity expected.

I've got 65 ish so all good.

I imagine scalpers aren't interested. They can't fomo the release cuase the big box is only a discount and not the only way to get the new models.

2 hours ago, Marshal Loss said:

they shouldve just led with mark 3 and 4 updates as the flagship plastic kits and had mk 6 as an optional upgrade pack. idk why they chose to go with the raven guard toe shoe armour as their launch models. that and making all the cool characters and upgrades resin kills it for me.

22 minutes ago, The Emperors Champion22 said:

they shouldve just led with mark 3 and 4 updates as the flagship plastic kits and had mk 6 as an optional upgrade pack. idk why they chose to go with the raven guard toe shoe armour as their launch models. that and making all the cool characters and upgrades resin kills it for me.

I think the idea was to tie it more into the old-school Horus Heresy setting from way back with the original Titanicus, which used MK VI armour.

3 hours ago, Marshal Loss said:

What makes it a disappointment?

The design approach they’ve taken with the plastic heresy range with the compatibility and modularity is absolute top notch. I echo what had been said that a mkiv update for the initial launch box would have fit better than mkVI imo but having all 5 mk of armour in the same scale ultimately would be amazing. 

22 hours ago, lansalt said:

At last we get an image of them painted as DG:

2023-10-14120556.png.c9287cd33c9ccc171b58e82eb3c2b995.png

It looks great thanks to the pickelhaube and the rounded/bloated feel of the new design.

I really like them in this colour scheme, but because I associate Mk III and pickelhaube helmets with the Death Guard, not so much any other Legion.

44 minutes ago, TrevorLoLz said:

because I associate Mk III and pickelhaube helmets with the Death Guard, not so much any other Legion

That's probably why they've avoided showcasing the new MkIII as DG. I think they're trying to reference and rescue the HH aesthetics of early works like Visions of Heresy and Neil Roberts cover art which featured many times Iron armour with pickelhaubes. But at the same time they made that the signature look of the Death Guard, as WW1 german-like trench fighters (ie: baddies) and hinting at the single horn of plague bearers.
In this case their art direction has pretty much contradictory aims.

I got hold of some of the new Mk3s and converted them for my Imperial Fists. 

Here’s a squad with assault cannons, featuring the new mk3 cuffs!

IMG_7127.thumb.jpeg.70278e9c9b25193a1c9771c4aecb8b42.jpeg

and some Templar brethren, which took a bit more work. 

IMG_7125.thumb.jpeg.9efb7867ec5f34baac9d126c43c6947f.jpeg

A few others of us made some up and posted a fuller review at Goonhammer.  If you’re interested, you can check it out at https://www.goonhammer.com/the-goonhammer-review-the-new-mk3-space-marines/