Updated Mark III + Potential Deredeo

If you add a little blob of GS to the neck join on the new Mark 6 the head looks infinitely better and you don’t have the odd contact issues with the gorget. The new Mark 3 will be the same way. It’s not that the head is too small, it’s that it’s too low. I don’t know the exact amount of height it needs, I kinda just eyeball it, but it changes the whole models profile without a giraffe neck if you do it right. 

19 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

If you add a little blob of GS to the neck join on the new Mark 6 the head looks infinitely better and you don’t have the odd contact issues with the gorget. The new Mark 3 will be the same way. It’s not that the head is too small, it’s that it’s too low. I don’t know the exact amount of height it needs, I kinda just eyeball it, but it changes the whole models profile without a giraffe neck if you do it right. 

Yup, a lot of GWs model have this issue. Also did this with my custodes and old school MK3 and MK4

18 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

That's a great tip! I'll try it out right away :smile:

My big box arrived, here's a quick size comparison for the new deredeo (minus weapons, it's late).

large.20231022_004420.jpg.b421353f46ae58

Edit: some more thoughts about the build, which is time consuming and similar to the plastic leviathan.

The guns all have magnet holes but the heavy bolters are effectively push fit, because the tolerances are so fine.

The ammo belts are crazy, 12 pieces per belt. Happily they fit together well as above, but I can see why GW switched to individual links for the cerastus.

The feet can be built with side toes/stabilisers out, for standing, or retracted for walking. Adorable.large.20231023_020427.jpg.da67618d8bbd1f

edit 2: speed painted to match

large.20231030_002601.jpg.36339f53d7043f

20231023_020427.jpg

Edited by de Selby

8 minutes ago, caladancid said:

I saw a rumor that the 'old' resin Legion specific mkIII shoulder pads don't work on the new models. Has anyone else seen that or have an example?

Considering they have images of them using the shoulderpads in a warcom article from ~2 weeks ago here, I don't think that's accurate. At least not at any fundamental level.

1 hour ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Considering they have images of them using the shoulderpads in a warcom article from ~2 weeks ago here, I don't think that's accurate. At least not at any fundamental level.

They do fit, but if you really stare at them they're notably "shorter" than the new ones. So if you have the old resin on one side, and the new plastic on the other, they're a bit lopsided.

bf7qO6NNYyPz1VLu.jpg

The old resin and new plastic shoulder pads are the same size - or at least my Imperial Fist ones are. However the rims around the old resin ones are far thicker than on the plastics. You'd have to explain it as something like having thicker armour on the left side as it's facing towards the enemy. They don't match.

As mentioned, there has always been a slight discrepancy between the resin and plastic ones - I assume FW designed the resin shoulder pads to match all their resin armour sets and never tweaked them when the original plastic kits were released. It seems like a very FW thing to do...

I doubt it would be considered viable to redo them all. As @Mandragola says, the size of the pad is the same and it is the rim that appears different.

10 hours ago, LSM said:

They do fit, but if you really stare at them they're notably "shorter" than the new ones. So if you have the old resin on one side, and the new plastic on the other, they're a bit lopsided.

Absolutely, they don't match aesthetically. It was the same with the old MK III kit, it was one of the main things that pushed me to really learning decals well.

Whether they 'work for you' is a different story, but they do 'work' in the sense that you'll have no problems gluing them on with some superglue.

Anybody else not able to buy the Battleforce today? Despite trying to reserve in 2 local shops, neither had the set to sell. Why have a 2 week window if you aren't going to deliver the required numbers to stores? Super disappointed and annoyed with this. I'm still on the waiting list, but this has soured my enthusiasm. :angry: 

23 minutes ago, DarkMark said:

Anybody else not able to buy the Battleforce today? Despite trying to reserve in 2 local shops, neither had the set to sell. Why have a 2 week window if you aren't going to deliver the required numbers to stores? Super disappointed and annoyed with this. I'm still on the waiting list, but this has soured my enthusiasm. :angry: 

Where are you based?

Any online availability anywhere? Last I checked in Canadian online stores there were sets available.

I hope you get sorted out Frater.

I preordered from Darksphere just after 10am on the 14th, I naively thought it would arrive today, but alas, no updates, it hasn’t even been been picked for packing/postage and the item isn’t on the website any more. So it begins :furious:

8 minutes ago, Varyn said:

I preordered from Darksphere just after 10am on the 14th, I naively thought it would arrive today, but alas, no updates, it hasn’t even been been picked for packing/postage and the item isn’t on the website any more. So it begins :furious:

The main thing is they have stock for your order.

Shipping times in the UK seem to vary greatly.

I'm over in Canada and my box came in but the book is nowhere to be seen yet. Best of luck.

4 hours ago, Varyn said:

I talked to dark sphere earlier because I’m in the same situation. Apparently their order wasn’t dispatched from GW, but it should come next week. It’s annoying but they say we ought to get our stuff… one day. 

1 hour ago, Mandragola said:

I talked to dark sphere earlier because I’m in the same situation. Apparently their order wasn’t dispatched from GW, but it should come next week. It’s annoying but they say we ought to get our stuff… one day. 

The main thing is it arrives. With them now oos a few days later is better than not at all.