Updated Mark III + Potential Deredeo

I got an e-mail from Battleground the other day stating they hadn't received them yet and apparently GW's systems had been "playing up all week." Take that as you will.

On the other hand, the box I ordered from Alchemist's Workshop has been sent out, so it mostly seems to be a luck-of-the-draw thing.

Edited by Lord Marshal

I guess I was lucky, collected my box from my local GW store on Thursday and have another box from a third party stuck with Yodel, hoping for delivery on Monday.

My copy of the RT book didn't arrive though so I wasn't lucky enough to get one off the shelf in Nottingham, will have to to wait for the new print run.

12 minutes ago, Rusted Boltgun said:

I guess I was lucky, collected my box from my local GW store on Thursday and have another box from a third party stuck with Yodel, hoping for delivery on Monday.

My copy of the RT book didn't arrive though so I wasn't lucky enough to get one off the shelf in Nottingham, will have to to wait for the new print run.

I've got a UK based copy of the RT book if interested? Long story short you can have it for retail and I'll chuck postage in.

Just now, 01RTB01 said:

I've got a UK based copy of the RT book if interested? Long story short you can have it for retail and I'll chuck postage in.

Thanks for the offer but the shop rang HO who say that I am still due my copy - I just wasn't lucky enough to get one of the ones lying around, mine will be part of the MTO batch. Keeping fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, DemonGSides said:

My local store had a bunch of them on the shelf.

Weirdest thing was they didn't have the outer plastic.  Made me do a doable take.

I think that's fairly common on the bigger boxes now. The Kill Team ones at least haven't come with any for a while now. 

12 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

I think that's fairly common on the bigger boxes now. The Kill Team ones at least haven't come with any for a while now. 

Didn't notice that. Ash wastes is an even bigger box and that's still plastic'd up. Just struck me as strange cuz I could pretty easily just pop that box open and rifle around if I wanted to. Seems... Suspect. 

13 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

Weirdest thing was they didn't have the outer plastic.  Made me do a doable take.

I know of at least one LGS that removes the wrap of boxes to check if the contents are ok before selling them. Apparently due to a mix of genuine GW mistakes and malicious customers lying about missing bits or even whole sprues.

1 hour ago, Sky Potato said:

Leviathan was the same.

I don't remember if mine had plastic, but it feels like it did? It's been a while tho and I don't generally keep tabs on that sort of thing. It just shocked me when I picked up the box and only the lid came away LOL

Edited by DemonGSides

Picked mine up on Saturday but haven't had a chance to build models yet. Is it weird that I'm really happy the box is the same hard cardboard as the AoD box? I turned that box into storage for my Heresy vehicles with pluck foam, but now I think I can put the Rhino hulls in the new box and have more space for heavy vehicles!

The new kits are great though and I'm really looking forward to building them. Just need my missile launchers to arrive so I can turn the first squad into Nemesis Destroyers. I'm probably going to use the traitor armour on the Deredo since the lightning bolts are very Roman.

10 hours ago, LameBeard said:

They do look good with the calivers so I’d like to see culverins. What you using for shields on the breachers?

Not me to answer but I've a friend with a printer and I've found some that are the same scale as the new mkiii and with the vambraces we have on the sprues, they'll "mkiii up" in no time.

I'd rather buy gw plastic but as they don't exist and I don't want to wait 2 years from the 2.0 release...

Edited by Xenith
no linking to repositories.

9 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

Not me to answer but I've a friend with a printer and I've found some that are the same scale as the new mkiii and with the vambraces we have on the sprues, they'll "mkiii up" in no time.

I'd rather buy gw plastic but as they don't exist and I don't want to wait 2 years from the 2.0 release...

Those look great. It's slightly annoying that they have the "wrong" bolter for MK3s, but I have tons of them in resin so I'll probably be able to manage. I really like the shields.

Edited by Xenith
repository link