Corrupted EC Rules

darkseren1ty

On 11/22/2023 at 11:43 AM, Brother Kraskor said:

Another snag with the rules: Daemon Primarch rule says, for the purposes of any special rules or effects, Fulgrim is considered to have both 'Daemon' and 'Primarch' rule. Daemon rule means +1 Strength & Toughness for Turns 1&2 etc. - does this also apply? Who knows!

Is there any reason to say it wouldn’t apply to him? The Primarch unit type only prevents negative stat changes, so unless there’s something I’m missing, it’s pretty clear, isn’t it?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, something is better than nothing... confirmation that "Legiones Astartes (X)" does actually get swapped for "Legiones Hereticus (X)" (I still think it's incredible that they didn't write this in the first place when the entire ruleset hinges on the premise). They've also said Apothecaries, Techmarines, and Legion standards work. But by emission, there's still masses of rules that work off LA(X) that they've left out. 

We definitely can't have normal RoW, and we can have Inductii. 

Pretty quick job by GW on this. If they've got the cajones to try and sell us a £30 book which was 90% free before, they should back it up with the same level of support they give other books.

They've addressed the most egregious interactions so at least the rules somewhat work now. We're still in possession of a set of rules so bad and out of sync with the lore that I'm puzzled how anybody could ever think it was OK, but hopefully they'll see sense and make major changes when we're next reprinted. The community reaction has been pretty unanimously "this is garbage" so you never know.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 10:35 AM, Brother Kraskor said:

there's still masses of rules that work off LA(X) that they've left out. 

What are some of the countless rules that have been left out by this change.
I want to make small groups of them to have an excuse to send multiple emails and sneak as many doubts about the design of these rules as possible.

Off the top of my head, the first rule that comes to mind is Tarvitz's Preferred Ennemy (Emperor's Children), which will ironically not interact with the corrupted ones. Same from fulgrim being extempt of Preferred Enemy (Primarch).