Post your Genestealer Cults conversions!

Evil Eye

As the title suggests, post converted models you've made for your cult!

I've been converting a few minis for mine. Mostly fairly minor, but I have been a bit more ambitious with the tanks I've been making for them. First up is something I may have posted before- a rather bizarre topsy-turvy Leman Russ Exterminator with hull-mounted autocannons and the lascannon in the turret.

CultLemanRussExterminator1.jpg.a054ddaa0e650df1deac841a8deba3c3.jpg

CultLemanRussExterminator2.jpg.59f48c12c7cc24f135f3518e851dca8b.jpg

CultLemanRussExterminator3.jpg.2ae10e1793b68efab90344a9d5b44b5d.jpg

CultLemanRussExterminator4.jpg.d424abcbf3ead8731884b016986fc398.jpg

The basis is a Chimera with a Somua S35 "World War Toons" chibi tank from Meng grafted on, along with lots of extra parts and the autocannons from a Firestrike turret. The basic formula is heavily inspired by Rednekkboss' rather awesome traitor guard Russ tanks, which use a similar build but with a Tiger instead. Still needs some cleanup, extra details and gap filling (and stowage!) but otherwise mostly done!

The other tank I've been building is a Hellhound, converted from a Tamiya Panzer II tooled in 1971.

CultHellhound1.jpg.c11fcb0bc8fb77885618d29b06d5f5c5.jpg

CultHellhound2.jpg.9e57c655f1f137f6ed12be6106e7a0ba.jpg

CultHellhound3.jpg.e38cfdea14ad2a54ba39826d67bb2478.jpg

CultHellhound4.jpg.2eaa6e7a93ce5dd4b0b531fcd950f36f.jpg

CultHellhound5.jpg.b9d1e4cf542957f13434a438b38042dd.jpg

CultHellhound6.jpg.897f6d34e7b81a47e30a19f6ac96f89b.jpg

This one also needs some extra stowage, cleanup and general TLC before it's ready for paint (also need to either find the other towhook or remove the one already on there and replace it with something else) but I'm also very happy with it so far. Especially for a conversion based on a £10 model tooled 52 years ago!

Finally, my most heavily converted character (so far) is this Primus based on the Canoness model; the "Mad Matron" of the Black Advent cult!

image.thumb.png.06c1ca12ef4bb5dcf224327d0ab0d39e.png

Anyway, over to you!

Looking good. I do like a scratchbuild or kitbash, especially for vehicles. The asymmetry of the tow hook on the second vehicle gives it more of a salvaged look, which is ideal for the GSC. What scale of model do you find works best? I have a 1/35 scale Jagdpanther to convert but I think it looks too big so I may have to take a saw to it.

6 hours ago, Maximus said:

Looking good. I do like a scratchbuild or kitbash, especially for vehicles. The asymmetry of the tow hook on the second vehicle gives it more of a salvaged look, which is ideal for the GSC. What scale of model do you find works best? I have a 1/35 scale Jagdpanther to convert but I think it looks too big so I may have to take a saw to it.

1/35 can work pretty well but I find it works best on vehicles that are on the smaller side IRL. The Panzer II is a smallish tank and as such in 1/35 ends up about the size of a Chimera. 1/48 is closer to 40K's very loose scale, though obviously the realistically scaled details will be very small next to 40K stuff.

I’ve posted these before, but I’ll take an excuse to do it again!

IMG_5721.thumb.jpeg.7864302aff692f750210cdb5ba51f141.jpeg

With a box of Acolyte hybrids, a box of Kairic acolyte bodies (I bought the kit for 40k Tzeentch kitbashing, the bodies had been sitting around for a while) and a few eBay bits for Tyranids bio weapons I was able to make 16 cultists. I ended using the actual Acolyte bodies to make some chaos mutant troopers but those are still left unpainted

I imagine these guys as being from a background atypical to the standard mining revolution cult. This cult operate on a planet that is both a Hive planet, with several significant Hive cities, and a jungle world. Despite the pollution brought by the Hive cities, the flora and fauna of the world continue to thrive due to their adaptability. Terrestrial communication and transport between the hives is difficult. This cult is the remnants of a cult that was destroyed on one of the hive cities. Their original patriarch was slain, and the few survivors escaped to the jungles. There they fight various jungle tribes and fugitive outlaws, all while avoiding PDF patrols. Due to the lack of resources, the cult has a significantly higher rate of mutation. Metamorphs (my favorite GSC unit) are extremely common, and ranged biomorphs make up for the lack of heavy weaponry

The Dorn was pretty easy. Just some GSC bits and pieces from the old brood brother upgrade set. still working on the paint and need to finish up some more details and add some graffiti. The one mining laser neophyte was a combo has is weapon and arms come from some extra acolyte bits, an extra mining laser from a Goliath truck and power packs from a guard Sentinel.

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2023 at 11:15 PM, brother_b said:

two headed guy

Yeah, they're a peach ; ) Idea is that the other cranium there is for control of the extra arms or whatever. I figured 'second cranium embedded in chest w/ no eyes/mouth' would be creepier and less crowded or cartoony than 'two full heads'... which could also cost me another full head for converting! I used a mutant skull basing bit for the second one there I believe...

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.