Looking to try something new... any suggestions?

ValourousHeart

I've been playing pure Ravenwing since 3rd edition, and have become a little disenchanted since the news broke about speeders, bikes and attack bikes not being in the new codex.  So until the new DA codex comes out I'd like to try something different with my Dark Angels.  I think I wanna run a list with the Lion.  I only play for fun, so it doesn't have to be tournament winning.

Here is what I have.

The Lion

12 Blade Guard

1 Blade Guard Capt

1 Blade Guard Lt

2 boxes of DW Knights (unassembled)

1 Phobos Capt

1 Phobos Lib

1 Phobos Lt

10 Infiltrators

3 Suppressors

6 Eliminators 

2 boxes of Incursors

30 Reivers

1 Reiver Lt

1 Leviathan Lt 

4 Invictors

1 Repulsor

1 Repulsor Exc

20 scouts

10 scout snipers

1 Land speeder storm

36 Bikes

7 attack bikes

6 outriders

3 invader ATVs

4 Typhoons

8 Tornados

2 Talonmasters

1 Bike Chaplain

Sammy Jetbike

12 RWBK (with command models)

2 Nephilim

1 Dark Talon

1 Dark Shroud

2 Dreadnoughts

I could pick up one of the starter sets.  Also thinking of picking up the Brutalis Dreadnought.

I also have some units that could be used as allies.  All of the Assassins and several Imperial Knights.  I could also muster some of the other agents of the imperium units.

Looking for 1000 and 2000 point ideas.

You have a lot of the Phobos models. Maybe try some Phobos out of the Raven Guard focused detachment from the Space Marine Codex?

With how detachments work right now, you could have some fun moving to a different one while things shake out.

Lots of fun on the narrative side we could have for that, a set of the standard line Dark Angels having to infiltrate for a mission, with some vehicles or Ravenwing as support. Maybe after the recent lore, they're chasing down agents of Vashtorr, or some corrupted Fallen, and need to do some infiltration before the fast attack or even some Deathwing/The Lion come in to reinforce the operation.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Given the Chapter focus of Hunt the Fallen it seems perfectly reasonable that Dark Angels have a SpecOp strike team focused on infiltration and information gathering to avoid Inquisitorial notice that bringing a hammer to a knife fight would draw 

17 hours ago, Dracos said:

Given the Chapter focus of Hunt the Fallen it seems perfectly reasonable that Dark Angels have a SpecOp strike team focused on infiltration and information gathering to avoid Inquisitorial notice that bringing a hammer to a knife fight would draw 

Agreed.

We know they've already sent one into the inner sanctum of the Emperor's Palace lol. ;)

On 10/14/2023 at 12:54 AM, Dracos said:

I paint the Phobos marines for my DA successors in a different scheme, much like the Deathwing and Ravenwing. i refer to mine as the Shadowing. 

5 hours ago, unrealchamp88 said:

I paint the Phobos marines for my DA successors in a different scheme, much like the Deathwing and Ravenwing. i refer to mine as the Shadowing. 

I like that idea. Back in the Unification Wars and pre-Johnson Great Crusade, they had more 'wings' that they experimented with making/deprecating. So it'd be cool to hearken back to that and innovate with a new one.

18 hours ago, unrealchamp88 said:

Do you have any pictures you could share.  I'm always interested in what new ideas the community has.