10e Firestorm - 2,000 pts Tempestus Griffons

CCE1981

Playing with a list, this is a variant of my latest list.  Since we have the info we need anyways.  Seeing what people think.

Firestorm - 2,000 pts

Counts-as Vulkan He-stan - Warlord - 100 pts

Company of Heroes - 95 pts

Judicier - Champion of Humanity - 80pts

Bladeguard - 6-man - 180 pts

Land Raider Redeemer - Hunter-Killer, Storm Bolter, Multi-Melta - 260 pts

Infernus Squad - 5-man - 85 pts

Impulsor - Shield Dome - Storm Bolters, Ironhail Heavy Stubber - 80 pts

Infernus Squad - 5-man - 85 pts

Impulsor - Shield Dome - Storm Bolters, Ironhail Heavy Stubber - 80 pts

Inceptor Squad - 6-man - 220 pts

Vindicator - Hunter-killer, Storm Bolter - 190 pts

Vindicator - Hunter-killer, Storm Bolter - 190 pts

Brutalis Dreadnought - Twin Multi-Melta, Brutalis Talons - 175 pts

Brutalis Dreadnought - Twin Multi-Melta, Brutalis Talons - 175 pts

Not sure if I want the Judicier or a Lt.  This list comes down to exactly 2,000 pts so not much room here, could take a Captain and not take an enhancement, or fiddle around for 5 pts for Adrax. Also thought about replacing the Brutalis Dreadnoughts with Gladiator Lancers.  The Lancers would open up the board a lot, and give me points to play around with.

I am going against my personal norm against named Characters.  It just looks like the multiple free enhancements they get add up to ridiculous levels.  Vulkan here is stupidly good, with three big units that will benefit from re-roll wounds, that he designates when he wants to in the shooting phase!  Crack open the big tank then designate the squad that was inside and now in the open as his target and burn it dead.

I have been loving the Infernus Squads in Impulsors.  Some armies are desperately scarred of their drive by burning, Against others they run around as action monkeys or grab Primary or Secondary Objectives.

Vindicators absorb damage, or surprise my opponent with a big chonkin gun in front, add in advance and shoot, and yeah they’re intimid-ting.

Brutalis, somewhat covered earlier, but the thinking here is barrel a couple of big Dreadnoughts into their face.  Advance and shoot makes them able to do something while they are getting into position.

Inceptors - with Oath of Moment and +1 to wound strat capable of killing a Land Raider on average! Or hunt Lone Operatives! Or grab objectives!  Versatility thy name is Inceptor.

Alright with the app in hand I made a few adjustments: 

Tempestus Griffons  (1985 Points)

Space Marines
Firestorm Assault Force
Strike Force (2000 Points)

Adrax Agatone (85 Points)
    • Warlord

Bladeguard Ancient (55 Points)
    • Enhancements: Champion of Humanity

Lieutenant (80 Points)
    • 1x Master-crafted power weapon
      1x Neo-volkite pistol
      1x Storm Shield
    • Enhancements: Forged in Battle

Vulkan He’stan (100 Points)

Impulsor (80 Points)
      1x Ironhail heavy stubber
      1x Orbital comms array (Aura)
      2x Storm bolter

Impulsor (80 Points)
      1x Ironhail heavy stubber
      1x Orbital comms array (Aura)
      2x Storm bolter

Bladeguard Veteran Squad (180 Points)

Company Heroes (95 Points)

Inceptor Squad (220 Points)
      6x Plasma exterminators

Infernus Squad (85 Points)

Infernus Squad (85 Points)

Land Raider Redeemer (260 Points)
      1x Hunter-killer missile
      1x Multi-melta
      1x Storm bolter

Redemptor Dreadnought (200 Points)
      1x Heavy flamer
      1x Icarus rocket pod
      1x Macro plasma incinerator
      1x Twin storm bolter

Vindicator (190 Points)
      1x Hunter-killer missile
      1x Storm bolter

Vindicator (190 Points)
      1x Hunter-killer missile
      1x Storm bolter

Exported with App Version: v1.5.0 (20), Data Version: v283

Adrax, Bladeguard, Bladeguard Ancient, after they leave the Land Raider go hunting things die.  

Vulkan, Lt, Company Champions, grab the importanest objective and if you don’t kill them hold with 21 OC.  Lt keeps that Master-Crafted Heavy Bolter pumping shots downrange, proccing that sweet Sustained Hits 2 and Wound.  

The Redemptor instead of the Brutalis, in my theory crafting I thought I was going to have some issues with having too many units trying to get into one spot.  The Redemptor is kore survivable, and stand back and provide fore support or mix it up in melee if it need to.  

10 hours ago, Malakithe said:

I like the Adrax + BGV + Ancient combo. What im not sure on is the point of the Company Heros + Vulkan. What do they actually do? Never thought to use Vindicators. They seem a bit swingy but in a Firestorm they can zoom up and blast with ease.

Vulkan’s job is to add threat to all the flame units in the list.  Plus the Lt with Forged in Battle makes the unit a lot bigger of a threat than most people think they are.  

My experience with the Vindicators has been pretty interesting.   The vast majority of them is the potential threat they pose.  They have mostly been used to kill Characters and soak damage.  Toughness 11 is incredibly resilient, especially against Deathguard.

23 hours ago, CCE1981 said:

Vulkan’s job is to add threat to all the flame units in the list.  Plus the Lt with Forged in Battle makes the unit a lot bigger of a threat than most people think they are.  

My experience with the Vindicators has been pretty interesting.   The vast majority of them is the potential threat they pose.  They have mostly been used to kill Characters and soak damage.  Toughness 11 is incredibly resilient, especially against Deathguard.

I finally got around to making a list myself, and I think I've decided Forged in Battle isn't for the flamers.  Its for the Stormshields.  I had Calgar, his two Victrix, 6 Bladeguard Veterans, and the Bladeguard equipped Lieutenant with Forged in Battle forming a unit.  Every model in the group has a 4++ - only Calgar doesn't have a Storm Shield, but he's got an Iron Halo. That's 10 guys,  34 4++ wounds to chew through.  I wanted to do it with an Apothecary instead of a Lieutenant for the Resurrection factor, but they can't join Bladeguard. 

My intent is to tease the threat and to rarely use it.  It sounds awesome the paperwork says it’s awesome but at the end of the day it is still fishing for 6s and even with re-rolls it’s a bit swingy.

Edited by CCE1981