FAQ/Errata

Blindhamster

Hey folks, so obviously the current FAQ is minimal, I’ve not really gone through the codex yet (my son just recently started tyranids and we have the book, he is 9, we don’t play hyper competitive or anything)

so, my question:

- are there major issues you guys have found that feel like the need errata/house ruling?

- any other major issues you’ve noticed?

- how have you found them to play since their update?

I play blood angels and we have had fun when we have played so far, but as I say, we aren’t making hyper competitive lists (he basically has leviathan, some extra termagants and hormagants plus some genestealers and ranged warriors, once he has his current stuff painted I’ll get him a winged tyrant) so I guess any other general tips or advice on using the book for him is also welcome!

I'm just as in the dark as you, as I haven't grabbed the Tyranid Codex, only the models from Leviathan.

That said, there's nothing I remember hearing off the top of my head from any hearsay on the matter, as far as immediate errata.

The only major thing I remember is the issue with Barbgaunts, which I think is still addressed.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Is that issue the one where each one could target a different unit and so long as they hit, the unit got the debuff? Because yeah the codex one limits it to just one unit that was hit thankfully (we do own the codex, I’ve just been lazy and haven’t really read it through - did scan it into the app though!)

i expect at some point a few changes to be made to the likes of sporemines scoring secondary objectives and the likes but even with such nids arnt putting in oppressive scorig so such may be nessary and im just being glum on the thought... 

There's nothing I've seen that needs an FAQ per se, they've done a good job of making stuff clear in what it does and how it interacts, my main issues are with the actual units and rules, some are poorly thought out, or pointless - but this is more for an errata/balance dataslate rather than faq

nothing particularly seems to need attention bar points adjustments. nids dont have the same ot character interaction that other armys have nor those interactions that they have that leads to oppressive silliness. they arnt top of the league but are seemingly in a god place in the meta and balance wise. id not recommend going overboard on any one unit as things do change 

there was a thread after that last dataslate that i had full updates on points on that i can bump up. the discussion in it may be helpful. 

Edited by Brother nathan

On 10/14/2023 at 3:44 PM, Blindhamster said:

Anything you’d recommend avoiding for the moment? (Thinking in terms of what maybe not to purchase for my son lol)

Not really, everything is useful to an extent, and gains a bit more use with some of the detachments. Things I would recommend are:

Haruspex, exocrine, maleceptor, and the new big ones because they look cool. 

Edited by Xenith