New to this forum

The Stoic One

Hey all, I have decided to give FB and other social media a break and someone recommended this place for BT discussion. 

I haven’t played in quite a while, several editions now, but have been steadily collecting new models. I quite like the new Primaris stuff, at the least the scale of it. 

Anyway, the local groups near me seem to mostly play around 1000pts. Any suggestions as to what I should be looking for list wise? What to avoid? Thanks. 

If you're not a competitive player and your local environment isn't cut-throat, get the models you like. Seriously. Get something for a (fluffy) core: a Marshal, Emperor's Champion, some Crusaders and add Elites/Veterans of your liking. Personally I'd go with Sword Brethren and Terminators. Then add a vehicle and you should be set.

Note that I'm not a regular player and from my perspective the rules change too often. A unit that's great this month can be rubbish in 2 weeks' time after the errata only to be lifted to being well-balanced in the balance patch that's bound to hit in 3 months. That's why I recommend basing your decisions on what pleases you aesthetically.

Welcome back to the Eternal Crusade!

1000 points is and always has been just enough to get into trouble because its hard to have an answer for everything at those points.  But your enemy has the same problem.  Lots of discussions to read here, and the main Space Marine section is mostly applicable as well. (at least until our suppliment comes out, and who knows if GW will play that conservatively or go nuts with it)

Also, we would love to see your army when you get a chance to share.