Day of relevation deep strike assault?

Fallen11

So we had curious case for Day of relevation ROW, says you need to put marker somewhere on table, and BA player did that, we basically surrounded that zone so he can only land with 2 units inside then as per rest of DS rule '' then the controlling player deploys each other unit anywhere within 12" of the first,though no model may be within 1" of an enemy model or within Impassable Terrain'', he only had space for maybe one other unit within those 12". So what he did was, okay, so since I can't deploy other units within 12'' I will just deploy them wherever I want on the table without scatter or anything.
Seems kinda strange that you have one condition about deployment, but if you can't deploy like that it's actually a bonus for you since you are deploying wherever you want?
BA had Angel, 40 dawnbreakers with spears and meltas, 20 assault squad, 2 of their special dreadnoughts.

We tried to find ruling but couldn't. For flanking assault at least is says if you can't deploy you stay in reserve.

Also, what is ruling in 2v2 games(basically you are allies but each player has their own warlord, reactions etc), for example if one player has no models on the table? Is he eliminated as per rules?

If you cannot deploy per the rules of the deployment, then those units go into ongoing reserves (usually). There may be exceptions in certain circumstances. The event you describe above is not a legal move by him and is blatantly trying to maintain the massive DS advantage he has after your counter-play (bravo by the way). If you lost, you likely lost because he cheated. 

I'd also like to add, 40 dawnbreakers and 2 dreads is not a 'friendly list'. I can appreciate the army theme, but just because it's themed doesn't mean it gets a free pass on being a mean taking advantage of some extremely undercosted units (dreads and dawn breakers both). Also not sure this edition as I've never run one, but you need a compulsory HQ along with a Primarchs I believe. 

As for 2 v 2, reactions might get messy fast, as you are basically playing alternate activation at that point. If you wanted to share the reaction allotment (but maybe get both bonus reactions from the warlords if the WL traits grant them) it might be better balanced. 

Edited by v6v771

On 10/15/2023 at 11:28 AM, Fallen11 said:

So what he did was, okay, so since I can't deploy other units within 12'' I will just deploy them wherever I want on the table without scatter or anything.

I mean, this is not supported by the rules anywhere. There's a stronger case for "I can't deploy them anywhere not on top of enemy units, so the normal DS rules apply" and *you* get to place them.

Either way, as above, I think if reserve units cant be placed they go into ongoing reserves. So you got done over. 

DoR is good, but counterable. You have to be cautious in placing the marker, as it can get surrounded, as you showed. The same can happen with outflanking assault markers - I'd cross check those rules for what happens to those units that cannot be deployed also. 

WD has rules on multiplayer games, and I think the siege of cthonia book? Personally we play as both players on both sides get the usual reaction allotment, and any bonses from WLT's, only one advanced reaction per turn, per side (as per WD rules).

The rules say if a player has no models on table, they lose, so that would still apply.