Tyranid Unit of the Week 10th Tyranid Warriors

Brother Nathan

++Tyranid Warriors++
nids background.PNG

dual unit, the warriors. which do you prefer, how do you find. are they viable. would points changes help? do they have/fill a niche? 

• To compliment a list, or to build a list around? Will the beta rules affect your list(s)? And at what points restrictions?
  • What size unit? Will you be running multiple units?
  • What Enhancements, Hyper Adaptations and Stratagems do you prefer and how much does it depend on the above choices?
  • Are you buffing this unit? If so, how

probably one of our most disapointing datasheets. they just dont cut it for me. whilst not truely terible their abilitys are so underwehlming its almost sad. yes they get a venomcannon and a strangler per each 3 and the shooting is ok.... and the melee varient is twin linked and such but shoot and charge isnt really helping this unit much nor is rerolling 1s. they needed more or cheaper. really they feel like a wet fish compared to previous iterations, especially after they powerhouse of the army last edition. they arnt good enough to suit any real role. nor cheap enough to be generalists and for what use their synapse is.. id take our other sources... i kinda nearly feel like they need the primes ability and should give it out to units in range... as is they havent made it into one of my 10th edition lists which is sad as they were the first 40k models i ever had and this is the first time ive ever not used them... 

Not used them in 10th yet, other 70pt options seem way better, like barbgaunts, leapers, lictors, raveners, etc. The venom cannon is way nerfed and they've lost a lot of their interactions.

One thing I noticed recently was that the addition of a winged warrior prime makes the whole unit VANGUARD INVADERS so there might be some hijinks you can get up to there with their specific strats. 

I also dont know what they were thinking with assault warrior abilitys .. reroll 1s on failed saves... but if youve had most if not all your save ignored thats... reroll 1s... why not ignore a point of ap or remove a point of damage...  i think thats what they thought that was equivilant to...

• 3 months later...
On 10/17/2023 at 10:43 AM, Xenith said:

One thing I noticed recently was that the addition of a winged warrior prime makes the whole unit VANGUARD INVADERS so there might be some hijinks you can get up to there with their specific strats. 

Oh, really?! I haven't seen that rule anywhere, yet … can you tell me, where I find that? Thanks in advance!

Edit/Upate: Found it myself. Rules Commentary Version 1.2, Page 8

• Some units can contain models that have different keywords. While this is the case, such a unit is considered to have all of the keywords of all of its models, and so is affected by any rule that applies to units with any of those keywords. Remember that attacks are made against units, not models.
  • If a rule only applies to models with a specific keyword, then it instead only applies to models in such a unit that have the correct keyword

Well now … that's interesting!

Edited by Filius