Which lineages have the closest bonds?

For example I know the blood angels and salamanders have some joint tradition and Dante holds tushan in high regard.

it also makes a lot of sense that these two chapters would get along, both create, both are abnormally sensitive to the need to protect standard humans.

so are there any other lineages that were close during the crusade and remained so, or that have formed notable bonds since the end of the heresy?

The Dark Angels and Space Wolves have the honorary duel of champions, which in some editions has some rule representation. That doesn't mean they necessarily get along, but they have a pretty tied history with that.

That goes all the way back to the Great Crusade, with the duel between Lion El'Jonson and Leman Russ.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

54 minutes ago, Paladin777 said:

Dark Angels and Space Wolves. The Dark Angels and most successor chapters are collectively the Unforgiven (iirc), and the wolves don't even *have* successor chapters!

The unforgiven are all the same lineage…and SW do have successors now

45 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

The Dark Angels and Space Wolves have the honorary duel of champions, which in some editions has some rule representation. That doesn't mean they necessarily get along, but they have a pretty tied history with that.

That goes all the way back to the Great Crusade, with the duel between Lion El'Jonson and Leman Russ.

Bonds are bonds lol 

The Dark Angels have also had a slight bond with the White Scars, especially in the Great Crusade/Heresy. The precursor to the Ravenwing almost certainly would've trained them in bike combat, as they wrote the Principia Belicosa, and they both were somewhat of pariahs. They both did deep void patrols and incursions, and would've paired together on those. Book 9: Crusade covers that somewhat. It's notable, as the 1st Legion didn't normally go out of their way to choose to fight with most other Legions. I think it was in Vigilus they tried to do a paired bike charge, but the writers bungled it, which is really unfortunate in my opinion.

I think one of the other Legions did some minor implementation of the Hexagrammaton in the Great Crusade, although I can't remember which one. I want to say it was the Raven Guard, but I may be misremembering. I think I read that in passing somewhere, but my memory could be pretty bad.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

2 hours ago, Paladin777 said:

Dark Angels and Space Wolves. The Dark Angels and most successor chapters are collectively the Unforgiven (iirc), and the wolves don't even *have* successor chapters!

Wolves successor chapters come and go.  Way back in 2nd I think they had 2-3 successor chapters, then they didn't, and now they should have some again from the Primaris Delivery System. 

Just now, Tacitus said:

Wolves successor chapters come and go.  Way back in 2nd I think they had 2-3 successor chapters, then they didn't, and now they should have some again from the Primaris Delivery System. 

They definitely have them now, with two new ones having been mentioned. The Wolfspear are the most fleshed out ones, having a White Dwarf with a decal sheet and paint guides even. The second is the Icefangs I think from looking them up, which were mentioned briefly in passing in either the SW supplement or that white dwarf, I forget which one.

The Wolfspears have some pretty nice iconography and that decal sheet was pretty top notch. I've been working on a force of them, but haven't finished anything yet.