Is there any interest in unofficial fiction? If so, where would one post it?

Go to solution Solved by Noserenda,

I'm currently writing some fiction and would love to share it with fellow Warhammer 40,000 fans! My story focusses on forces of the Imperium who call the world of Ibelin in Imperium Nihilus their home. Astra Militarum and an Ultima Founding Blood Angels successor chapter specifically. I am writing from the perspectives of men and women of the Astra Militarum, Historitors, an Inquisitor, Traitors and of course Space Marines.

Would members of this site be interested in unofficial fiction? Is there a forum for it? 

Yes, absolutely! And Noserendas already provided the link. 

What kind of fiction are you looking at?

I would suggest that as the fiction section is a bit low down on the front page, not everyone makes it that far, so if you want more eyes on your work, starting a blog or making posts in faction specific forums when you write some fiction about them would be great! 

Edited by Xenith

32 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Yes, absolutely! And Noserendas already provided the link. 

What kind of fiction are you looking at?

I would suggest that as the fiction section is a bit low down on the front page, not everyone makes it that far, so if you want more eyes on your work, starting a blog or making posts in faction specific forums when you write some fiction about them would be great! 

Third person limited narrative, from muliple POVs. I find my writing style is heavily influenced by GRRM and Dan Abnet (when Abnet isn't doing 1st person). I have (what I think at least) is a cool idea for a story set during the indomitus crusade focussing on the planet Ibelin which is the home to newly formed Knights of Ibelin as well as regiments of Astra Militarum which are already abroad in the galaxy. It's about how the Knights of Ibelin begin to understand their Blood Angels heritage (for better or worse), the history of the Ibelin system (again, not always great), how the Imperial society on Ibelin feeds into it's Astra Militarum regiments and the Space Marines.

I love that Historitors are back and find their POVs in the Dawn of Fire series the best. It takes me back to that late Great-Crusade era feeling but this time we're at the begining. Using Historitor characters allows me to have them learn about chapters and regiments organically. 

As for the Inquisitor, well she is from the Ordo Astartes and she's learning a few things about the Blood Angels gene-lineage too.