It's possible for all of the Primarchs to be brought back

Not watching the video but if he is right and dear god I he is wrong.

I am done. Some can't be brought back. If Sanguinius, Kurze and Horus return what the hell is the point of their character arc?

Edited by Brother Captain Arkley

Maybe i will play 40k if they bring Vulkan back.

If the Primarchs soul wasn't obliterated like Horus's was, they could come back in some sort of astral form? Didn't Ferrus appear in the webway battles? Isn't Sanguinius still worshiped on Baal? He is part warp too, he could come backin some form.

I'm not a fan of the primarchs return. 

Since Sanginius soul is around he could be back at some point, but ofc the psychic awakening told us that the Emperor had to manipulate galactic events for 10k years to bring about Gmans return. so it shouldn't just be tada and they tap dance back on stage...

Yet again that's what they seemed to do with the lion:tongue:

Edited by Emperor Ming

34 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

The foil has been on point historicall, and it just makes sense from a business perspective. Primarchs are money machines.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u5JnUGGUj2U

Dont mistake the foil with the rumors. The foil has been wrong alot and its just his wild speculation and wishlist outing.( wich afaik he is very clear about too)

But im pretty sure this will now turn into a rumor with false accredentials soon enough.

5 minutes ago, Vassakov said:

Isn't the whole Foilrak thing just essentially the good Chapter Master doing the Youtube equivalent of fanfiction, and is not to be taken seriously?

Ahh :cuss:ty clickbait then?

i would be happy with Sangy coming back as the sanguinor make it like the avatar of khaine where he cant stick around and takes a sacrifice to bring about. 

Kurze im ok with be back normally if anyone was gonna fake their death it was murderbatman

Russ,dorn,vulkan,khan, im good with coming back anyway 

Horus could be really interesting, i spitballed this on a live stream once how id like to see him reborn by the power of chaos and he creates his own "primarchs" and has a mirrored great crusade 

as for Val and his foil its all a bit of fun for him to theory craft around the rumours he hears. 

4 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

Not really. Valrak is very up front about what the foil hat videos mean.

Clickbait would be "Here's the dates each of the primarchs are returning!" And then he never actually addresses it. 

Fair enough I don't watch him at all.

Frankly, the moment that they announced the return of the Lion - this was going to be on the cards. 

Having a single 'active' loyalist Primarch was always going to be an exception, bringing a second back immediately announces a pattern that other Primarchs would / will be returning once they've found a narrative way to reintroduce them (the Lion was technically the only Loyalist primarch other than Guiliman whose location was known to the wider audience, and by 'known' I mean more than "he's fighting traitors in the warp")

Daemon Primarchs also were also on the cards the moment Mortarion and Magnus were produced - again, it's down to the timing.

Personal opinion: You can bring all the remaining traitor Primarchs into the model range, but I don't want to see all the remaining Loyalist ones found and brought to the tabletop (including the Lion). I've always enjoyed the theme of 40k being "The Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by enemies", and that this isn't the glory days of the Great Crusade expanding the Imperiums borders; this is timeline where a stagnant Imperium is looking down the barrel of multiple guns from all directions, there shouldn't be too much hope. Plus there are great mysteries in the narrative around the disappearance of each of the Loyalist Primarchs; where did they go, why haven't they come back, are they even still alive? You begin answering those questions, you start to erode the mystery of the setting (and I'm not convinced that they can come up with a decent enough narrative to both explain their return, and provide a strong arc for them going forward). 

If you really want a gaming system where Primarchs are leading armies of Space Marines - there already is one; Horus Heresy. Do we really need to recreate one game system into a second?

Oh, and I will join others in saying that confirmed dead Primarchs should remain that way. If we start resurrecting characters, then there's no consequence for death, no peril in any situation because "Oh well, we'll just bring them back through warp schenanigans / techno-wizardry / cloning / etc"

As much as the above are my own personal viewpoints, and I would like to think that they would be respected, I think we all already know what's going to happen. Centrepiece character models = sales = £££, and for Primarchs you don't even have to invest in background writing for creating new characters, they're literally already there. They're a low-hanging fruit, all they need to do is work out timing over the next 5 years or so.

Most primarchs will return eventually to make money

Can't see Horus returning

...but can see Sanguinius kinda return via some sort of Sanguinor shenanigans with Dante or Mephiston so something like the shard of Magnus merging with Arvida

Ferrus as a LotD-like wraith maybe

Curze if somehow Mshen didn’t kill him...as the original lore had the pict recording end before showing him being slain but don't think GW will go there. He will probably stay dead like Horus

4 hours ago, Brother Captain Arkley said:

Fair enough I don't watch him at all.

He is probably the best YouTuber for discussing rumors. As others have said, he is open about when he is just spitballing.

That said, yeah some of the Primarchs should not return in any form. It would ruin their faction's lore, and in some cases the lore of the entire setting. Sanguinius, Horus, and Kurze are the ones that come to mind first.

Do I have faith that the modern iteration of Games Workshop will have the self control to avoid making those "centerpiece models" for the big bucks though? Debatable.

Edited by TrawlingCleaner
Removal of Off-topic

The Horus Heresy has been such a massive success they are rebooting 40K to be Horus Heresy with a few aliens and more spikes on the marines. Feels good to see all the negativity toward Heresy turned out to be a vocal minority and everyone loved Primarchs the whole time. 

As long as they keep it semi-realistic, ie. just the ones we know are still out there some where (Corax, Russ, Khan, Vulcan) and try and have parity with the traitor primarchs. We have 3 traitors so far, with another likely on the way. 4 or 5 primarchs on either side would be ok, but probably keep it at no more than that, perhaps leading towards some grand clash of the remaining sons of the emperor! 

Edited by drakheart
Typo

A lot of people don't like it, but I think we will definitely see all of the surviving Primarchs return to 40k. Simply put, GW like selling models, and look how popular the Lion was when released earlier this year (and still showing as out of stock on their webstore in the UK). 

So long as the narratives around each of their returns is handled well enough, personally I don't have a problem. For the purposes of the armies I paint, the games I play, the campaigns I'll run, I can ignore or incorporate them as I choose. 

In terms of models, I would be most looking forward to the return of Dorn (HH Fists player, and my 40k Marines are Fists successors), and Perturabo; I'm hoping the latter gets a suitably spectacular model :smile:

I have absolutely no problem with the Primarchs returning. As long as the story and writing are good.

...which I have very little confidence in. I mean, the Lion's return happened offscreen, for crying out loud! One of the most anticipated moments of the 40k setting, the Lion waking up in the Rock, is not shown. Him being found is not shown (and not even by his sons). First thing we see of him is him sparring in a Blood Angles vessel. What a missed opportunity!

6 minutes ago, Brother Captain Arkley said:

Never been a fan, watched one video never again.

Yeah, that's fine. This is not about being a fan of the YouTube channel so much as agreeing with others that he is not really a clickbait channel.

Not a regular watcher myself, but I have seen enough to realize he is just a 40k/Space Marine fanboy who gets excited to share things. He can defend himself if he wants to though. :laugh: