Tyranid Unit of the Week 10th Ed Gargoyles

Brother Nathan

++Gargoyles++
nids background.PNG

our 3rd and last of the battle line units, the gargoyles. how are you using them. how versatile. are they worth it. give us a flutter

• To compliment a list, or to build a list around? Will the beta rules affect your list(s)? And at what points restrictions?
  • What size unit? Will you be running multiple units?
  • What Enhancements, Hyper Adaptations and Stratagems do you prefer and how much does it depend on the above choices?
  • Are you buffing this unit? If so, how

i hate them. the models. not the models themselves persay, but flying bases. that aside this edition they are even faster. shoot and move. and with 18 inch range after a 12 inch move and then that movement they can move. great for scoring. damage output though is blah and i think slightly too spenny but iv used a squad or so each game and they do get targeted quick and die really easy... but then something else dosent. they really benifit frotm the zoans inv bubble  due to their measly 6+. they will die. should i go through the effort to finish and feild more? is pressure their best suite? i kinda feel my hate for the models makes me over look them in most areas.  but i have 30 and i cant see me ever getting any more....

Agree that they're really awkward, awful models to transport, however they're super effective in-game - super fast OC 20 is no joke, they can deep strike in shoot, then move 6" onto n objective or into cover. Damage output is negligible, however they feel like an auto take for board control. 20 of these for 150pts will cause the opponent problems in stopping your scoring. 

I've only used them a lot in crusade, and they fairly rack up the XP there. 

Yea, there's a lot of 'sticky objective' rules and strats about now, encouraging models to potentially leave a home objective unattended, in which case a unit of gargs can punish them for it! 

Fleshborers are also ASSAULT, meaning you can advance, shoot and still get the 6" move for a minimum 19" move. Combo this with the 6" advance strat from unending swarm, and you can drop OC20 onto something 24" away, which is amazing for secondary scoring, or denying opponent primaries. If you can make them drop 5 for holding an objective and another 5 for holding more, it's probably worth the inevitable loss of that unit of gargoyles for that massive primary swing...then bring them back with unending waves.