Arming tac sgts in the 10th???

Brother Clavero
Go to solution Solved by Karhedron,

• Solution

I agree, Power Fist and Plasma pistol is usually the optimum loadout in 10th. The Fist allows you to get meaningful hits in on tough multi-wound models without suffering the penalty to hit that comes with a Thunder Hammer. Even in low-power mode, the plasma pistol outperforms the bolt pistol by a comfortable margin and you have the option to Overcharge if you are feeling brave. The Grav pistol is also a decent choice in the current vehicle-heavy meta.

I don't use firstborn anymore, but I do know with my Primaris Sgt's whenever I get a chance to arm a Srg with something, it's usually a Fist and a handflamer. I find it super handy and no risk of killing himself.

For instance the new jump pack assault intercessors allow one dude to have a pistol, and the Srg can have a few options. I give him a fist, and a handflamer. The Plasma guy almost always ends up dying so I guess that's your biggest criteria. (Sorry, I don't know if firstborn can take hand flamers.)

But yea, I end up overcharging with reckless abandon so your mileage may vary.

If I took them, I'd arm him.  But meh.  You have to buy 10, and while you can combat squad you only get the one Sergeat and his singular "hidden power fist" whatever that may be.  For only a few points more you can get two Intercessor or Assault Intercessor squads.  Or you get get some tankier Heavy Intercessors.   Tac Squads are just not in a good place, they don't have a niche, unless you start doing baseball statisticis - best shooting per point for battle line units - in power armor - if you're not throwing grenades.  Hellblasters do the Firing Port shenanigans better in a Repulsor with 6, than splitting your heavy/special guns into a Razorback.  Assault Intercessors melee better, Shootycessors shoot about the same AND have a stickycap special instead of combat squadding PLUS for 10 you get two Sgts with two power weapons.  Heavy Intercessors better shurg off small arms fire.  Phobos stuff can infiltrade and/or Deep Strike.  Even the Infernusators are in a better spot with their battleshock gimmick, and Torrent synergies. 

As many have said above, the sergeant gets "old reliable" power fist and plasma pistol. As for the squad in general, you are potentially better off taking two special weapons, with plasma guns or flamers being the stronger candidates as they pair nicely with the range increments of the boltguns/plasma pistol. Combat Squaded in Razorbacks allows you to race your specials forward into their effective ranges and pairs well with both plasma/flamers for re-rolling wounds, especially if you are using firestorm detachment to get the extra bit of strength.