40K Whirlwind Assembly Guide

Yep, it´s me again after having built the Vindicator. I am currently building the Whirlwind and three parts are left over:

1. Big missile.

2. Smaller missile.

3. A tool box.

Where are those three parts supposed to go? I looked at the codex and they weren´t used at all.

And about those rockets. Are the big rockets supposed to be the minefield and the smaller ones the default large blast?

I chose the default option to go along with my old Whirlwind from the 90s with the exposed gunner from the launcher.

About the single missiles:

Had a silly idea to fasten them to a flying stand and put a pin-up girl upon it. In my collection is an unused mounted Dark Elf Sorceress. Swapping her staff for a gun and using green stuff for a military hat will do the job. :)

10 hours ago, Bryan Blaire said:

Is it the single launcher missile?  That’s a Hunter Killer missile - it’s apparently now free wargear for a vehicle in a Marine army.

There's a long missile that comes with the WW kit, which I assumed is a spare missile waiting for a techmarine to load it - it's not the HKM that's on the accesory sprue. 

Ahhhhh - okay, yeah, I didn’t realize spares actually came in the kit to presumably sit in scenery or something on the model.  Very interesting - I would have thought something like that would have some kind of loader like the Vindicator did.

Now you have gone and ruined it.  The tool box is supposed to go inside the main compartment of the Whirlwind.  Sure you cannot see it, but it makes the Whirlwind perform better on the table.  Time to break out the hammer and smack that tank open so you can fix it.

I fixed maybe 17 years ago a kit with a hammer. It was a Revell helicopter kit. Frustratingly fiddly and the tiny parts had a tendency to snap. Glueing them onto the helicopter was a nightmare. Finally I grabbed a hammer and converted the model so it would fit nicely into the trash can.

9 hours ago, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

I fixed maybe 17 years ago a kit with a hammer. It was a Revell helicopter kit. Frustratingly fiddly and the tiny parts had a tendency to snap. Glueing them onto the helicopter was a nightmare. Finally I grabbed a hammer and converted the model so it would fit nicely into the trash can.

Same method gets ten Marines into the back of a Rhino with room to spare for two characters.

Edited by FashaTheDog