Ragnar + Lieutenant + Bladeguard

DuckSauce

Planning on trying this combo in my next game and was curious if anyone else has experience running it and wouldn’t mind sharing their thoughts.

Seems to synergize very well with the unit and characters all getting advance & charge, lethal hits, and reroll 1s to hit. Not to mention the ability to fall back and charge means Ragnar is always going to be able to activate his battle-lust ability.

I was thinking of also going with the vanguard spearhead detachment and giving the Lieutenant The Blade Driven Deep to give them some forward positioning instead or tossing them in a Repulsor.

It’s a decent chunk of points at 360 though. Seems worth it to me but I’ve only played a single game of 10th thus far.

Bladeguard are good, but I've been running them with 10 Bloodclaws. Ragnar gets an extra A & S on top of his own ability, you get two power fists or hammers, plus 36 Heirloom profiles. All for 255 points. Definitely a bit squishier, but it's gonna wipe whatever it hits into. Not to mentions the pack is OC 22.

Edited by Apokalypsi

I have been running Judiciar + Bladeguard since the start of 10th and it hits like a truck unless it runs into super tough stuff like DA Terminators, and even then it's not bad, just not as reliable. I personally found that Ragnar + Blood Claws was too squishy for my tastes but that may just be me.

BGVs are very good but I normally run mine with Judiciar because Fights First is a really good ability and pretty in 10th edition.

The Ragnar + Lt is very good though so I normally run them with Blood Claws. Blood Claws get +1A and +1S on the charge so synergise really well with the LT and are only 140 points per squad. Chuck in a Wolf Guard pack leader if you wish and have space in your chosen Transport.

Having 2 good melee units is never a bad thing.