Las-Impulsor /Laser Destructor Alternatives

Lysimachus
Go to solution Solved by Karhedron,

Hi all,

Seeking assistance from those who are more knowledgeable! I've just bought a Questoris Knight that I plan on building as a Freeblade to counts-as Canis Rex.

However, I don't really like the shape/size/style of the Las-Impulsor, and I'm trying to source an alternative.

I was thinking about using the Laser Destructor from the Chaos Knight box:

large.Screenshot_20231025-152003_Gallery

Big laser weapon? Check! A bit more streamlined and elegant than the Las-Impulsor? Check! Easy to convert to fit a loyalist Knight? Only a few spikes and bits to trim off the gun shield, so... Check!

I'd only need the circled bits as I think they would fit fine onto the Las-Impulsor rear casing/arm?

...but the price on Ebay (£20-25, a quarter or maybe even a third of the cost of buying an entire Chaos Knight box!) for what is only a couple of bits just seems... absurd?

So, can anyone suggest any alternative big laser type barrels that would fit on the Las-Impulsor arm?

• Solution

Alternate Knight weapons seem to go for very high prices on eBay. You might have more luck trying some of the Bits retailers such as Bits Box, Kits n' Bits etc (no endorsement intended). The other option is 3D printing, I always thought this Space Wolf themed Knight looked really cool with a giant Helfrost Canon.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/6WXTKDX9S/iron-wolf-ice-cannon?optionId=300914672&li=shops

16204457804_575d7bdbd9_k.jpg

I'm an idiot. That is a great suggestion, didn't even think of trying any of the bits sellers.

Looked on Bitzbox.co.uk (my usual go to) but they don't seem to do the Knight sets.

Then tried bitsandkits.co.uk. They do sell Knight bits. Just over £10 including postage for the Laser Destructor barrel and gun shield, so much more reasonable than what I was looking at! Have now ordered those bits. Not used this company before, so will just have to see how they do. Fingers crossed! :tongue:

Great suggestion, thanks Karhedron! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by Lysimachus