1000 pt List Help!

MoshJason

Played against a guard player last night, and forfeited round 4, because I only had St. Celestine left alive. I usually play against Guard, Nidzilla (which... I usually can't hurt at all) and Space Marines or Necrons. So... I need some help!

I'm trying to put together a comprehensive 1000 pt list that I can work towards painting and that will play really well. I want to run a squad of 10 Zephyrim and St. Celestine, since I've converted up some Horses for them to ride, and love the way they look, and they tend to do really well as a unit. I also would like at least 5 Seraphim because they are super fun and tend to help grab objectives. I've got a blob of 10 Celestian Sacresants that I really like - I'm not sure what the consensus is on how to get them to 'feel' great, but I think they are a cool unit.

Besides that, I'm not really set on anything - I like having some BSS in the list, but that's not a hard and fast requirement. I have most sisters units (except the Castigator), and also have a Knight Valiant (though bringing that to a 1,000 pt game seems intense), a Knight Preceptor (who I can swap the weapons on to make other knights), and three Knight Armigers, if that helps.

What are y'all having success with?

Edited by MoshJason

I just had a game yesterday. Only 750 points.

I figured arco flaggelants are annoying for the opponent to deal with. In addition Morvenn Vahl plus 3 Paragon warsuits works wonders with the full rerolls, and tank shock.

I also think one or two squads of BSS won't hur for MD Farming and sitting on an home objective. But of course at 1000 points you'll have to see what you can squeeze in.

14 hours ago, Maschinenpriester said:

I just had a game yesterday. Only 750 points.

I figured arco flaggelants are annoying for the opponent to deal with. In addition Morvenn Vahl plus 3 Paragon warsuits works wonders with the full rerolls, and tank shock.

I also think one or two squads of BSS won't hur for MD Farming and sitting on an home objective. But of course at 1000 points you'll have to see what you can squeeze in.

I've been finding that Morven + Paragons get wiped off the board quick - I have been struggling to get into range with them, and their Str 9 Shooting seems to still struggle with THe Big Tyranid Beasties or Imperial Guard Tanks, while their high strength (14 in the case of Leman Russ Demolishers) quickly puts a lot of wounds into their invulnerable save, and they fold. I'm not 100% against them, but I might try something like St. Katherine + BSS to spread out the wounds a bit.

Hello

I have played today my first game with the Adepta Sororitas. 

My list was the following:

Sisters of Battle - 1000 pts. (1000 points)
Adepta Sororitas
Incursion (1000 points)
Hallowed Martyrs

CHARACTERS

Canoness (50 points)
  • Warlord
  • 1x Plasma pistol
    1x Power weapon
    1x Rod of Office

BATTLELINE

Battle Sisters Squad (100 points)
  • 1x Sister Superior
    • 1x Bolt pistol
      1x Close combat weapon
      1x Plasma pistol
      1x Power weapon
  • 9x Battle Sister
    • 9x Bolt pistol
      7x Boltgun
      9x Close combat weapon
      1x Ministorum flamer
      1x Multi-melta
      1x Simulacrum Imperialis

Battle Sisters Squad (100 points)
  • 1x Sister Superior
    • 1x Bolt pistol
      1x Close combat weapon
      1x Plasma pistol
      1x Power weapon
  • 9x Battle Sister
    • 9x Bolt pistol
      7x Boltgun
      9x Close combat weapon
      1x Ministorum flamer
      1x Multi-melta
      1x Simulacrum Imperialis

DEDICATED TRANSPORTS

Immolator (115 points)
  • 1x Armoured tracks
    1x Heavy bolter
    1x Hunter-killer missile
    1x Twin heavy bolter

Sororitas Rhino (75 points)
  • 1x Armoured tracks
    1x Hunter-killer missile
    1x Storm bolter

OTHER DATASHEETS

Arco-flagellants (40 points)
  • 3x Arco-flagellant
    • 3x Arco-flails

Exorcist (160 points)
  • 1x Armoured tracks
    1x Exorcist missile launcher
    1x Heavy bolter
    1x Hunter-killer missile

Penitent Engines (60 points)
  • 1x Penitent flamers
    1x Twin penitent buzz-blades

Repentia Squad (130 points)
  • 1x Repentia Superior
    • 1x Bolt pistol
      1x Neural whips
  • 9x Sister Repentia
    • 9x Penitent eviscerator

Retributor Squad (115 points)
  • 1x Retributor Superior
    • 1x Bolt pistol
      1x Close combat weapon
      1x Combi-weapon
  • 4x Retributor
    • 4x Bolt pistol
      4x Close combat weapon
      4x Multi-melta

ALLIED UNITS

Inquisitor (55 points)
  • 1x Combi-weapon
    1x Force weapon
    1x Psychic Gifts
    1x Psychic Shock Wave

My opponent played Blood Angels in the Stormspear Detachment. He had 1x Captain with Jetpack + reroll advance enhancement, 1x Chaplain with Jetpack, 1x Librarian Dreadnought, 1x Eliminators, 1x Death Company with Jetpacks, 1x Baal Predator, 1x Ballistus Dreadnought and 10x Assault Intercessors with Jetpack. 

The game was brutal since at second turn I have lost almost half of my army but I have managed to bait his big unit of Assault Intercessors with Jetpack with my "exposed" Battle Sisters Squad with the attached Inquisitor (trying to do the Ritual) and promptly I have killed his unit with a combination of Penitent Engine Tank Shock, a good round of Battle Sisters shooting and some punching up in melee. My adversary conceded at the bottom of turn three since he was left with only the Ballistus, Captain and the lone Eliminator Sergeant.

Being my first game with the Adepta Sororitas I have almost chickened out when on turn two his Baal Predator fried my first squad of Sisters, his Death Company smashed my Repentia and I have lost both the Immolator and the Rhino. Still I held and was rewarded with a stellar turn three when I have destroyed his most valuable asset. 

I have learned that this army is very much a trading army. Our units do not cost much, can punch above their weight and have nice layers of defense between 3+, 6++ and 5+++ saves which kept me in the game. I have to learn to juggle my Miracle Dice better but I think that using a 5 on a Battleshock test was the best call in the game as was using the 4 for a hit when the Penitent Engine hit the Assault Intercessors with Jetpack, the rest I have rolled and all hit. 

I am on the fence with my Retributors. These gals jumped out of the Immolator, had the reroll wounds from it hitting the Baal Predator and when I have rolled to hit, only a single Sister hit with 4+, the rest were all misses. That tank should have been neutralized but alas dice tell stories I guess. 

The list itself performed pretty much as expected. The Repentia were in cac on turn two. The Penitent Engine coming from Strategic Reserves was a kicker and the Arco-Flagellants came from SR on turn two should I get some objectives which require moving into the enemy deployment zone. The Immolator is a reliable unit, the Exorcist is just awesome and the humble Sisters of Battle can punch above their weight class if properly supported. I am quite happy with how this army list played out this game. 

Overall I am really liking this army. I have been on the fence starting yet another project but now I see myself playing my Adepta Sororitas throughout the 10th. They are a fun, varied and engaging army to play. 

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-01 at 15.03.21 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-01 at 15.03.21.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-01 at 15.03.20 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-01 at 15.03.20 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-01 at 15.03.20.jpeg

Edited by Chainsword Cookie

• 1 month later...

Had a game this week where I tried out the Triumph plus Battle Sisters Squads armed with multi-meltas, lead by Dialogus and Palatine.

It's brutal. 2 Squads did an insane amount of damage - just being able to go, "Here's two multi-melta wounds" then pop your Bomb-baby and get another miracle dice you can use as damage OR to power up your next multimelta? That's vicious. Plus, with lethal hits, your bolters suddenly get dangerous.