Storm Lance Stormraven Pinjata?

DoctorCrow

How do people like the Stormraven Gunship in stormlance?

Deploy it behind a building in hover mode. Run it forward 20. Have Ragnar Blackmane and Company Heroes in it. Have 6 bladeguard veterans in it with a chaplain. Have a wulfen dreadnought/murder fang/brutalis dreadnought in it. If it gets shots combine the -1 damage with Ride Hard Ride Fast for -1 to hit and -1 to wound. Come your turn charge from the vehicle with what is inside.

To cute?

Could not this be applied to any other unit as well?

Assuming you can hide turn one (witch good tables should have) that are 2 to 3 lancers not gooing into the thunderwolves. And hopefully the downing of the flyers should leave what ever it was transporting intact for the most part.

The biggest benefit this would have over the landraider is the transport of the dreadnought, the high movement and the possabillaty of stratagem use.

Stratagems can be used on the landraiders aswell right?

7 hours ago, DoctorCrow said:

The biggest benefit this would have over the landraider is the transport of the dreadnought, the high movement and the possabillaty of stratagem use

5 hours ago, yan said:

Stratagems can be used on the landraiders aswell right?

ride hard ride fast is limited to FLY vehicles

this post made me theorycraft a thunderhawk list 

but it costs too much and 10 termies charging out isnt enough to decide a game

My early experience with the Stormraven is that it is a bit too fragile. It is a big target on a tall flying base which makes it very hard to hide. Even in Hover Mode, most tables don't have terrain big enough to hide it. The old Fortress of Redemption is the only building I have found that is tall enough but it is not wide enough meaning that bits stick out allowing the SR to be shot at.

Maybe if you run it on a flank you can avoid enough anti-tank fire to survive but I am not certain. If you get 1st turn, it will likely be great but if your opponent gets first turn, the chances are it will go down in flames as your opponent will likely recognise the threat it represents. Sadly it is just too hard to hide.

1 hour ago, Rune Priest Jbickb said:

I enjoyed running our space wolf flyers early on in 10th. If you don't plan on using the dread transport slot they may be worth a peek as well. I may circle back to them, not sure yet still theory crafting.

How did you use them? 

Regarding hiding it I recently got terrain footprint plates that correspond to tournament play. I just put ruins on them and I should be able to deploy out of sight.

I used a Stormwolf basically as you plan to use a Storm Raven. I put 6 BGV with Judiciar and 5 assault marines (no character). I would hide it (in hover) T1 unless I went first then I'd use the 20" move to get in position for the dropping off of the payload. Would deploy the dudes T2 usually. It would draw a decent amount of Fire but seemed pretty durable, i generally lost it around turn 3 or 4, long enough to get some stuff done.

I also had the Storm Fang in the list. This tended to draw fire from the Storm wolf as it's a scary gun platform and I think people tend to overlook transported guys when selecting targets. But 300 points was alot for a distraction.