What are the thoughts of Rubrics in Chaos lists?

Sambojin

Rubric Marines... I mean, they can dark pact, but not usefully (with warpflamers). They can't use their cabal points, but they fit in a Rhino. Yet they don't get magic moves.

What are pure Chaos player's thoughts on them? Is a 5++ and Icon of Flame and a minigun worth 105pts on the heavy/ vehicle meta, with all the points changes compared to others? Is the Minigun even worth it, or would you rather an extra warpflamer? Just questions.

Micro-mini flamer terminators, or trash outside their list?

(The chaos gods totally understand if you just use Infernus Marines for this. Because they're cheap. Meh, they'll do)

Edited by Sambojin

As far as I know, none of the Cult Troops can Dark Pact (it's not on their datasheets - while their FACTION keyword gets replaced with Heretic Astartes, their Faction Ability does not get changed to Dark Pacts... even though it really should...).

Warpflamer Rubrics are the only Cult Troop that are even a possibility for me - marked Legionaries/Chosen do pretty much everything that all the others can do but better.* The Warpflamers open up a new role, so aren't immediately out of the question. How valuable that role is though... it's a pretty niche trick. 

*I haven't reappraised this opinion since points adjustments were made. Plague Marines are down to 80pts for 5, for example, and can bring two Plasma Guns and a Blight Launcher. Maybe useful?

Sadly, I haven't really felt the need to find room for any of the Cult Marine squad types.  I know Noise Marines are used fairly often for the Blast Masters, but the actual outside-the-codex choices?  I haven't seen anyone field them in a CSM army recently.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Chiming in here a bit late.
Outside of TSons, you're probably taking Rubrics for the Flamer Brick more than anything else.

Most likely in 5-man squads too, without Soulreaper (as cool as the minigun is), and with a Warpflame Pistol on the Aspiring Sorc, so everyone in that unit has a Flamer.

Add in the Icon of Flame as well, so those flamers hit AP-2 on the crit.

(Good luck finding the spare points to actually fit them in your lists tho...)