Repulsor/Land Raider/Spartan width

Go to solution Solved by Cleon,

Quick question for those that might know:

I'm planning to get a Repulsor for my current army, but I really like the conversion where you replace the frontal armour with the assault ramp from a LR, just looks cooler imho. However, LR ramps seem to be kinda hard to get hold of... but for some reason the ramp bits from the plastic Spartan seem to be easier to pick up? Now, the Spartan is obviously much bigger than a LR, but it doesn't look like the actual assault ramps is much wider?

So, my question is:

how wide is the assault ramp on a Spartan, and will it fit in the central area of a Repulsor's frontal armour, between the two side sections? (if that makes sense)

Many thanks in advance to anyone who has either or both, and can let me know if the conversion will actually work! :laugh:

Edited by Lysimachus

My repulsor is of in a box somewhere, so i can’t check specifically, but I do have a Plastic HH LR Proteus to hand which I believe has the same ramp as the plastic Spartan and can be built with ram or without (hence why there might be spares flying around).

The lower ramp piece is 38mm wide (not counting the bit that goes in the hole so that it is movable) and I think the distance between the side panels is 48mm wide.

I think you can make it fit as the side panels that the top and bottom ramp fit into to make it movable can probably be padded out with plastic card if need be, or saved back to fit as needed.

That's superb, thanks very much Tro! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So, to be sure I've understood correctly, the ramp itself is 38mm wide, but if you include the side bits that the ramp mounts into, they are 5mm extra each side, so the total is more like 48mm?

Hmm, a bit of googling suggests that the main hull of a Repulsor (ignoring extra bits sticking out) is about 93mm wide, but I don't know how much of that is the central front plate and how much is the two 'prongs' that stick forward on either side?

Anyway, it sounds like the ramp on it's own should definitely fit, and maybe even still fit if I include the mounting pieces... I guess it would be cool to have it be openable... :yes:

5 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

So, to be sure I've understood correctly, the ramp itself is 38mm wide, but if you include the side bits that the ramp mounts into, they are 5mm extra each side, so the total is more like 48mm?

Yes, though I think the mounting pieces are wider than 5mm in parts, because some of it recesses into the bit that the track goes round. But that should give you wiggle room one way or another.

This migth help:

Spoiler

DSCF0050.thumb.JPG.a44273a23d8c8c1345d8fa68018b7fef.JPGDSCF0051.thumb.JPG.ab4188f19809b9432b91b435ff18326c.JPG

Hmm, that pic is indeed very helpful, unfortunately for slightly the wrong reasons... :tongue: Looking at the pic, I can see that the Proteus ramp isn't the same piece as the Spartan ramp - it only has 5 (rather than 7) humps and lines going across the front, and is therefore presumably slightly narrower too?

Unfortunately, the only one I can see available when searching for bits is the Spartan ramp, can't find any for the LR or LR Proteus.

Thanks anyway though, mate, your assistance was greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

So sadly, the original questions remain: what is the width of a Spartan ramp, and what is the width of the central frontal armour plate of a Repulsor?

Edited by Lysimachus

8 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Hmm, that pic is indeed very helpful, unfortunately for slightly the wrong reasons... :tongue: Looking at the pic, I can see that the Proteus ramp isn't the same piece as the Spartan ramp - it only has 5 (rather than 7) humps and lines going across the front, and is therefore presumably slightly narrower too?

Ah, Sorry, I thought they where the same, no worries, hopefully somene else knows. 

Thanks very much, Cleon! :thumbsup:

Oh well, that answers that! :sad:

I guess I'll just have to keep trying to find the ramp bits from the regular LR or the Proteus, as Tro said they should definitely fit!

Thanks again to both of you, you're gentlemen and scholars! :yes: