Codex Supplement Previews. DWK and Asmodai...

Interrogator Stobz
Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

• Solution

Definitely worth fawning over these here. Let there be many more before next year's Supplement. 

FB_IMG_1700285465148.thumb.jpg.09ef5d39fab6ddf22bcdb7a26691c371.jpg

CYVwtTf.thumb.png.3560b8e10a1bbe321f5d6918e804c285.png

9lStA1h-1.thumb.png.89cee24651278e4e8320988612127550.png

Edited by Interrogator Stobz
Catch-all

They look great!

I'd like to know if it's one box that can do both Deathwing Knights and regular Deathwing terminators as the previous box did? Also what about the Deathwing Command Squad? Will it continue to exist as its own sprue bits going into this new DA revamp?

I'm also happy they went back to Asmodai carrying both his crozius and his sword!

2 hours ago, mecanojavi99 said:

Also confirmation that the DA and the other Divergent Chapters are getting supplements like in 8/9th instead of full codexes.

Yes, that had been unclear before but I think it is a sensible way to go.

Definitely sweet models. Asmodai I like a lot without the smoke, so he'll be a nice replacement for my current one. The Deathwing Knights are just great though. I really like the more subdued detail. There's some open room on the models that I should be able to put some 30k decals on.

Got some more ideas to use the Deathwing Knights as 30k characters in Indomitus plate as well, or maybe the basis for some Deathwing Companions. There's a lot of possibilities with them.

Speaking of decals, we should get an updated transfer sheet, as the current 8E one is missing quite a lot that's come out since then.. Interested to see how that will look.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Oompf. My initial reaction to the Knights was one of disappointment. But the more I look at it, the more I like the sculpts. It's the paintjob that isn't doing it any favours. A steal trim would work alot better with all that bone armour instead of the gold they used. The detail blends a bit to much with each other. Preferred the previous stormshields as well, but that's a small issue.

Asmodai though... Haven't enjoyed the character or any of the previous models, but this one I particulary don't like. It looks like the plastic version of a RT-model, too comical in most of its aspects, especially the smoke. The purityseals on cloth look ridiculous as well. 

Happy to see none of the releases spark that much excitement, it means my backlog won't grow too fast. Those sexy Nightlords though...

Mine will be Black with weathering; Redeemed to go with the Lion.

I like these fellas, not awestruck but definitely satisfied. The overall sculpt is nice let down a tad by uninteresting poses, and the old shields are better.

Asmodai is great, gotta lose the smoke though and his knee pads are distracting from whatever his legs are actually doing. Love that he's got the sword back.

Won't get him due to having the 2nd Ed mini still in playable condition...with a base upscale.

6 hours ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Mine will be Black with weathering; Redeemed to go with the Lion.

I like these fellas, not awestruck but definitely satisfied. The overall sculpt is nice let down a tad by uninteresting poses, and the old shields are better.

Asmodai is great, gotta lose the smoke though and his knee pads are distracting from whatever his legs are actually doing. Love that he's got the sword back.

Won't get him due to having the 2nd Ed mini still in playable condition...with a base upscale.

I want to do some Redeemed later, but I'm going to wait a bit and see what is available later. I'm a sucker for iconography, color plates, all that kind of stuff, so I'm hoping we get some cool stuff for that in the Supplement.

Im wondering what will happen with Bladeguard Veterans given the chance to arm Knights with swords. WIll they be a cheaper option for a squad of three? It would be interesting to give similar armed units different abilities in order to make them all playable. 

Say Infiltrators and Incursors, for example.  

Interesting that the Asmodai sculpt seems to harken back to the classic colour illustration in the Angels of Death Codex. Personally, I would be happy without the smoke, which can be difficult to paint satisfactorily.

I still have my original version to paint and assemble somewhere along with the Knights. If I ever come back to 40K, I would probably start with them rather than buying the new models, nice though they are.

On 11/20/2023 at 8:05 PM, aura_enchanted said:

chaplain Imodium continuing his ceaseless battle against IBS for us all, seriously though hes gonna be a hard nope for most people, hes gonna be unplayable junk

Did I miss a rules leak for Asmodai?

On 11/18/2023 at 1:06 AM, mecanojavi99 said:

Also confirmation that the DA and the other Divergent Chapters are getting supplements like in 8/9th instead of full codexes.

LlxU6W5TdgE4RonV-665x374.jpg.498256c2554233f03ad7b80a21f8e3ae.jpg

Swore before when they showed the initial time line it said codex for DA.

On 11/21/2023 at 7:52 AM, Karhedron said:

I am guessing BGVs will be cheaper since Knights will be tougher, have better armour and Teleport.

BGV will also have a fairly good pistol.  But the Knights are likely to be more than a (normal) Terminator with a hefty bespoke rule - my guess/hope is some sort of mechanic to make Port-And-Charge at least a 50/50 enterprise.