Orikan the Diviner

Good model but why is his loincloth now longer than his legs? First Dante and now him, it seems to be a new trend of characters now not being able to walk without tripping on their loincloths.

Edited by Jolemai
Unnecessary bit edited

2 hours ago, de Selby said:

He's on pre-order next week, that was quick.

It's an odd model. I can see what they were going for with the translocating lord, I don't see what they are going for here.

Basically a Primarised version of his current model really, it's a pretty similar concept / pose etc but with improvements. Not a great deal of thinking went into reimagining him imho.

Edited by skylerboodie
Typos

Honestly the Model is absolutely fine for what it's supposed to be; One of the frontmost members of the most eccentric clade of the necron species: Crypteks

Spectacularly large orbs, a fancy cube to ponder, a massive headpiece flowing into a big chunky chinpiece, an extra wide shoulder drape of technowizardry, extra long crotch piece because who needs to walk anyway (especially since neither the old Orikan models nor any of the available crypteks deign to walk like some commoner)

3 hours ago, Nephaston said:

6. Trazyn, Anrakyr, Obyron, Zandrekh, the Deceiver, and the Nightbringer. After these Necrons will be free from the Finecast Curse and plastic will reign supreme.

Normal Destroyers(Lokhust I think they're called now) are plastic? Them and their lord still have the old hover design.

Edited by Jscarlos18

1 hour ago, ISBEAR said:

Isn't he supposed to be all sliver? as he is painted up in the wrong dynasty? 

His back was always different shade. The original paint scheme was more turquoise whereas this is more like jade but not a huge difference. The new design just has a front piece to te tabard which I think is new.

image.thumb.png.bd8c5e2d344bad7d7420bfb14be3269a.png

I am pretty sure the old one still had the tabard, just smaller. But my finecast one was so warped I never painted it.

27 minutes ago, Jscarlos18 said:

Normal Destroyers(Lokhust I think they're called now) are plastic? Them and their lord still have the old hover design.

Yes, they've been plastic for a very long time. I don't know if they ever existed as any other material, but they may have before I got into Necrons.  The dated thing in their design is the rods, which every other kit has replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

I much prefer the new ORIKAN, who now looks like they crossed the Necron Version of the Rubicon.... ooh "Orikan of the Rubicon" :tongue:

This one I'll be getting, now that his necrodermis is not made of Failcast... :thumbsup:

M.  

On 11/22/2023 at 1:29 PM, Tyriks said:

I am pretty sure the old one still had the tabard, just smaller. But my finecast one was so warped I never painted it.

Yes, they've been plastic for a very long time. I don't know if they ever existed as any other material, but they may have before I got into Necrons.  The dated thing in their design is the rods, which every other kit has replaced.

Necron destroyers were metal guys on hover platforms back in 2nd ed. They were closer to what the tomb blade concept is now. Kind of like the metal wraiths got turned into plastic insects, and then we got ophidian destroyers that re-use the concept.

Weirdly the plastic hover destroyer sprues were edited a few years back to include the rods, which were a separate clear plastic sprue on release.

Edited by de Selby

On 11/22/2023 at 11:59 PM, Tyriks said:

They used to be metal

image.thumb.png.0afaa91e25282a70a9e4787eb79670cb.png