Adeptus Mechanics Codex - Rules Previews

Article here

Some pretty cool rules here!

sAljrfqkzdH3I4Vp.jpg.5fea6081acfe3a3292f8aeb17c19b565.jpg

dYhOQVgItByq72Rc.thumb.jpg.a119eb833d2bd1f428a7cdf3bcbca777.jpg

rwipxXE1OQGato9S.jpg.61d106ce4ee84dc39370b5b6e290c548.jpg

c3RVM05EljHoElJx.jpg.eadbc20f0e9021a987faca464af9db47.jpg

That’s all we can reveal from the ancient tech-vaults of Mars for now, but there’ll be more to see from Warhammer Community in the coming data-cycles. What kinds of armies will you be creating when Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus goes on pre-order this week?

I'm unsure if this means this article will be the only Admech one this week

Maybe show off the adjusted Rad bombardment or a bit more of stilt-man, don't know what else they could really show off in a week. Also considering there has to be some necron teasers this week as well.

However what has been shown does not fill me with hope with this army

It will be incredibly amusing though if in the end after all that complaining rad-cohort is still the detachment to use because of omnisterilizer and master annihilator

Edited by Mechanicus Tech-Support

2 hours ago, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

However what has been shown does not fill me with hope with this army

Genuinely asking, but what makes you have such a low opinion of the samples? I know our index is in a rough spot (hopefully datasheets get updated), but some of these sound pretty good (rerolling wounds and a 4++ on objectives sounds sweet, especially if that unit is Breachers which can reroll hits as well as having a decent save and wounds). The cybernetica abilities seem pretty good…might make Ironstriders useful parked in a deployment zone and shooting at BS3. 

I realise its extremely subjective and we haven't seen everything but none of these seem to really fix whats wrong with the admech line just buffs whats already working.

Boost to breachers is pretty nice think they'll have almost every buff possible with the rerolls l, but its just boosting our 1 viable comp build. So if ones not a fan of breachers youre out of luck

Rerolls ones against everything on an objective is alright but it only working on a single obj is ehh

The other two buffs (transport and sticky) are nice but very situational.

Cohort cybernetica - a detatchment so our robots can actually use our army rule. Do I need to say more on that? 

With the strat our shooty robots get more shooty but considering thats the detachment for robots and vehicles you'd probably run the kastellans as melee and let the vehicled do ranged damage. Otherwise you gonna have a 400pt robot unit camping in your DZ.

Strats pretty good but again only units against a single obj

So nice on shooty robots less so on melee

Necromechanic no complaints seems pretty nice. But then you remember its on a datasmith and your robits still get hit with anti-everything

Auto explode enhancement seems fun but very niche 

Tldr: buffs seem to be pretty limited and only for small specific units of the range. Lots of hoops to jump through for a meh return.

Maybe after some time to mull it over it wont seem so bad and im just overreacting after our index

(I hate typing on my phone)

Edited by Mechanicus Tech-Support

Yea, I do agree that most of these are situational. BS3 as a strategem still blows vs having BS3 in SOME datasheets. Breachers are still king (which works for me I like them but is someone wants to run pure Skitarii or robots I get it). As far as a detachment letting robots access our army rule…I’m pretty used to this. Weren’t Cults and Skitarii a separate codex at one point? And Skitarii never had access to Canticles (unless you ran Mars..same as running a 10th edition detachment). AdMech has always oddly boxed out half of the army from the army rule for some reason, so that doesn’t seem so egregious to me.  

My take is also taken from a highly casual/narrative player. I’m not highly competitive, and so when I see things that seem fun/hilarious (like using a Dunerider as a sacrificial cruise missile) it makes me smile. I’m not sold on these rules, and I’m still sour at the overall state of the index, but I’ll still paint and push my weird ass cyborgs around the table regardless. 

EDIT: one thing I really like about Necromechanic is the psychological warfare aspect. My opponent just knowing I CAN negate any of their big swings is going to be juicy, and will probably make them think twice about burning a bunch of CP to target something important. Or they will anyway…and I just “nope” the damage. 

Edited by FoursCompany

9 hours ago, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

I realise its extremely subjective and we haven't seen everything but none of these seem to really fix whats wrong with the admech line just buffs whats already working.

Boost to breachers is pretty nice think they'll have almost every buff possible with the rerolls l, but its just boosting our 1 viable comp build. So if ones not a fan of breachers youre out of luck

Rerolls ones against everything on an objective is alright but it only working on a single obj is ehh

The other two buffs (transport and sticky) are nice but very situational.

Cohort cybernetica - a detatchment so our robots can actually use our army rule. Do I need to say more on that? 

With the strat our shooty robots get more shooty but considering thats the detachment for robots and vehicles you'd probably run the kastellans as melee and let the vehicled do ranged damage. Otherwise you gonna have a 400pt robot unit camping in your DZ.

Strats pretty good but again only units against a single obj

So nice on shooty robots less so on melee

Necromechanic no complaints seems pretty nice. But then you remember its on a datasmith and your robits still get hit with anti-everything

Auto explode enhancement seems fun but very niche 

Tldr: buffs seem to be pretty limited and only for small specific units of the range. Lots of hoops to jump through for a meh return.

Maybe after some time to mull it over it wont seem so bad and im just overreacting after our index

(I hate typing on my phone)

It is a single objective either you are on, or your opponent is on, so you can castle or clear an objective. That’s pretty flexible and combines nicely with the army rule

I generally agree that this preview has been disappointing.

The rules shown have limited or niche utility. A lot of words for not a lot of impact.

This is one of the factions that I have invested in, and I worry that GW are trying too hard with the rules whilst not sticking the basics.

Edited by Orange Knight

My main concern is this being another character only release. Ad Mech is still missing Praetorians or some kind of elite Heavy Infantry and combat servitors. The new ad Mech models are great but the range is still incredibly incomplete. Skitarii specifically need a wave of releases so armies can be built around the themes of a big combat servitor horde, pure Skitarii infantry and tanks, or weird experimental creations and right now you can only do a very small slice of each. 

23 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

My main concern is this being another character only release. Ad Mech is still missing Praetorians or some kind of elite Heavy Infantry and combat servitors. The new ad Mech models are great but the range is still incredibly incomplete. Skitarii specifically need a wave of releases so armies can be built around the themes of a big combat servitor horde, pure Skitarii infantry and tanks, or weird experimental creations and right now you can only do a very small slice of each. 

I understand what you're saying but they've hard far more than most factions have in the same span of time already, mechanically a lot of those niches have units within them already and if you compare that to a lot of the newer armies you'll see they're in a good spot.

24 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

I would argue a Skitarii horde is doable at this point. Most of the infantry, cavalry, flyers, and vehicles are Skitarii. It’s the Cults side that seems lacking to me (only E priests, characters, kataphrons, and robots I believe). Looking across the pond at the HH range makes me jealous seeing all of the giant robots and weird vehicles. Even so…I’m not sure what exactly the range is “missing” necessarily. Heavy melee infantry there’s breachers and robots, light melee we have rust stalkers/infiltrators, medium melee infantry with e priests, we have light and heavy cavalry, two tanks (one with indirect), a sniper upcoming, chaff infantry in both versions of skitarii, a transport, 3 fliers, jump infantry. Maybe we could use a jump melee troop, but I’m not sure what niche we are missing so far?

Now that’s not to say all of our choices are GOOD choices and we have a viable playstyle with all of them. But they do exist.