SleepyPsyker Posted November 22, 2023 Share Posted November 22, 2023 Obligatory new member post. I had been reading books and playing video games for a couple of decades since the late 90s and as of May i finally joined the tabletop part of the hobby. I had been working super full time in hospitality all my life so i never had any time for hobbies, friends or much else. Due to a destroyed mental health and a ruined life I found my self with time and nothing to do. I was alone, miserable and in an extremely dark place. Not to be dramatic but Warhammer changed my life, quite likely saved it too. I have changed so much since may, I have a hobby, I have made a few friends in the hobby, I go out an socialise. I am happy for the first time in a long time. I was mulling over joining forums or no, I have left a lot of facebook groups in the last month as they are full of incredibly toxic people and behaviour and I fear the online community contains the worst of the hobby. However I am hopeful! I have joined this infamous forum and I hope to be a good, contributing and hopefully one day a well known person in the community. Not sure what else to put, I like to be honest, hope I don't offend or annoy anyone. I am currently living in a small town in North East Scotland. Think thats enough for now. Thanks to anyone that reads! 5 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/381740-hello-brothers/ Share on other sites More sharing options...
WrathOfTheLion Posted November 22, 2023 Share Posted November 22, 2023 (edited) Welcome to the B&C! It's always sad to hear about dark times, but I'm hopeful you continue to find joy both in this and in other things in life. Edited November 22, 2023 by WrathOfTheLion 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/381740-hello-brothers/#findComment-6004607 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf Posted November 23, 2023 Share Posted November 23, 2023 Welcome aboard,frater! I understand how you felt. This hobby has also helped me a lot. And in some way, save me from my worst enemy,myself. Now you're in the best company. This community is awesome Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/381740-hello-brothers/#findComment-6005107 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now