Da Grotmas Gitz are here! Riding into the wintery night atop a giant squig, its mouth stuffed chockablock with stolen presents, this grotty gang is clearly commanded by a hooded holiday hoodlum… 

HJheK4pjXeifouvl.jpg

y84ZTC21p2Bc2OMK.jpg

A fun little christmas mini that also has 40k and AoS rules, in this article

I can only hope that they did this whole "Red Gobbo's Christmas is trashed" thing so that from here on out these "Grotmas Gitz" become our Christmas Figure Characters and the Red Gobbo can FINALLY return to being an actual Character for Orks in 40k rather than the weird festive role he's been forced into the last couple of years.

I know we these whimsical models are things that we remember years down the line (remember when GW did Xmas minis? Not like these 3D hologram models today!)

But with how bad their production and stock seems to be plus plenty of old characters that could do with a small plastic frame mini like these, it’s hard not to be annoyed by them. Did we really need two?

Well, it's a squig, so it's a hit with me :blush: 

On a more serious note, it's a fun model/vignette with lots of little details, but whoever painted the model was on top of their game with the transitions on the wrapping paper on the presents in the squig's mouth!

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

Honestly that's a pretty amazing miniature. Normally not the biggest fan of the christmas themed ones, but this one knocks it out of the park. 

Also shows that if we make LI a big enough succes and pester them enough Epic 40k is pretty do-able. (or already on the table as they love to put little teasers into one off models).

Edited by matcap86

Very cool model. I like it a lot more than the Red Gobbo one, it looks like a really nicely done models with great little details. Not sure I'll get it as I'm saving my hobby budget at the moment but maybe if I'm feeling particularly festive at the time of release I might nab it.

21 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Its a good bit of fun, people need to not take this hobby so seriously sometimes :D One of the better animations of the year too damningly! :D 

It was fun for sure. But if that really is one of the better animations this year then I'm very glad I've not subscribed to WH+

It is a nice miniature, but there is so much they could draw on that this feels very...ordinary. I wish they would be a bit more creative. This feels like they designed something where the only goals in mind were to keep the costs down and use something safe rather than take a risk. 

1 hour ago, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

It is a nice miniature, but there is so much they could draw on that this feels very...ordinary. I wish they would be a bit more creative. This feels like they designed something where the only goals in mind were to keep the costs down and use something safe rather than take a risk. 

As I said further up, I hope they move these "Grotmas Gitz" into the festive mini role so we can get Da Red Gobbo back as a character.
Hopefully this "more basic" mini (which is honestly quite detailed) that what the future ones will build and improve upon.

42 minutes ago, marspeople said:

Can we get a actual Gretchin army pls?

Orks are on the roadmap.
Maybe if we get more Gretchin units we'd be able to do that.

10th has allowed CSM to field a (half) Viable full Mortals of Chaos army with the Index, so it's not out of the question.

17 hours ago, Burni said:

I know we these whimsical models are things that we remember years down the line (remember when GW did Xmas minis? Not like these 3D hologram models today!)

But with how bad their production and stock seems to be plus plenty of old characters that could do with a small plastic frame mini like these, it’s hard not to be annoyed by them. Did we really need two?

Bah humbug, you say?

23 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

On a more serious note, it's a fun model/vignette with lots of little details, but whoever painted the model was on top of their game with the transitions on the wrapping paper on the presents in the squig's mouth!

Whoever painted this up is on a whole other level. Seriously, hope that guy got a giant Christmas bonus because those details are incredible!