Chogorian Brotherhood Bike Armaments advice

MARK0SIAN

I’m slowly building a White Scars force that will use the Chogorian Brotherhood Rite of War. If you’re not familiar with it, it basically makes jetbikes troops with line. However the restriction is that you can’t include any heavy support units. This obviously seriously limits your anti-vehicle and anti-terminator firepower. 

I’m trying to keep very much to the spirit of the Rite and focus on the jetbikes and similar cavalry units. Whilst I will have a couple of Javelins with lascannons and multi meltas, I’ll be leaning on the multi-meltas on the bikes to do a lot of the heavy lifting with regard to heavy firepower, however it will probably be too oppressive (not to mention points heavy) to just slap meltas on every bike. 

So my query is this. Would it be better to sprinkle a few meltas in amongst the bike squads or concentrate the meltas in a couple of dedicated bike squads that are all all equipped with meltas and leave the other squads with HBs?

I can see arguments in favour of both approaches and I appreciate that it would be fairly straightforward to swap it around from game to game but I thought it would be helpful to get some input from my fellow fraters. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

I’d be tempted to spread them all out, otherwise you’re making the dedicated MM squads more of a target. Additionally, non-super heavy vehicles have to worry about all of them, as even a single MM has a half decent chance of destroying a tank in one shot. Additionally, any casualties on those units can come from the cheaper non-MM equipped models first.

You don’t get the efficiency of having units for dedicated roles, which is admittedly a downside, but I think the overall resilience of spreading them out is worthwhile.