Tyranid Unit of the Week 10th ed Biovores + Pyrovores(

Brother Nathan

++Biovores + Pyrovores++
nids background.PNG

thought it best to group these together. how do you rate them. how have they done. Are they making lists? Or does the cost put you off units...

• To compliment a list, or to build a list around? Will the beta rules affect your list(s)? And at what points restrictions?
  • What size unit? Will you be running multiple units?
  • What Enhancements, Hyper Adaptations and Stratagems do you prefer and how much does it depend on the above choices?
  • Are you buffing this unit? If so, how
Edited by Brother nathan

To start...whilst the models do look great im dissipointed in them too. They look so different to their (3?)predessors and are so much bigger im not interested in the models. They are also soo expensive $$$ but cheap in points that whilst max pyrovores sounds cool its really really expensive for $. 

Gameplay both are class. Solo cheap flamer unit that removes coversaves and has enough stats that your ooponent cant ignore it but can accidentally over or under commit to killing it both. 

As for biovores they have all of the above and can summon spores which is one of our most successful if somewhat sad mechanics. Single biovore spawning single spore to complete secondary such as all quarters... such was why in other edutions spores were mindless... mKes me wonder where nids would be atm without this and rippers....

So my opinion... not buying current sculpts. Going to up base  and bulk up my biovores. Then get some 3d print options for a pyrovore squad...

I'm looking at a couple of biovores for my hive fleet (eventually, due to the cost, I'll be spreading them out like the lictors, need to bulk out my troops first). The pyrovore looks interesting but I'd preferred a more pronounced split from the biovore. It definitely looks like someone higher in the food chain looked at one of then and went:

"Why make a separate model? Change a piece or two and bobs your uncle!"