Solar Auxilia 3k Ultramar Regiment

librisrouge

HQs-

Legate Marshal - Ultramar Pattern Cohort, Close Combat Weapon/Laspistol (I'm not doing CC), Heavy Artificer Armor, Cyber-Familiar, and Stoic Defender

Callidus Assassin

Troops-

Ultramar Patter Rifle Tercio - 3x20 man squads (Rifle Sargeant, Augury Scanner, and Vox Interlock) + 1 Line Command Squad (Command Vox)

Ultramar Patter Rifle Tercio - 4x20 man squads (Rifle Sargeant, Augury Scanner, and Vox Interlock)

Ultramar Patter Rifle Tercio - 4x20 man squads (Rifle Sargeant, Augury Scanner, and Vox Interlock)

Fast Attack-

Thunderbolt Figher - Hellstrike Missiles

Heavy Support-

Armored Tercio - 3x1 Squadrons (Vanquisher Cannon, Co-axil Autocannon, and Lascannon)

Armored Tercio - 2x1 Squadrons (Executioner Plasma Cannon and Heavy Bolter)

Valdor Tank Destroyer - Flare Shield and Lascannon

Plan is simple. Advance 230 bodies while mass las’ing onto objectives. They'll be Ld. 10 while the legate is alive and can drop a lot of shots on any reserves coming in. 4 heavy tanks serve to clear enemy armor from the table and 2 heavy tanks will help target more dangerous heavy infantry. The thunderbolt means I don't have to worry about the skies or can support the AT efforts of the tanks. The biggest weakness of the list is the massive amount of bodies to be painted.

Thoughts?

Edited by librisrouge
Forgot that I needed a command vox to make the leadership trick work.

This is frankly too much Infantry. 

On a 72×48 board with a decent bit of terrain you may have trouble deploying all your stuff, let alone getting angles for shots and movement. Now you may think that with this many Line-Bodies the List would have great objective play but since these guys only move 3" ideally and 8" at max before close order and terrain slow them down even further your opponent is likely to be on most or all objectives before you are and these guys have no way of actually displacing enemy units. Even worse, since Legion units are damn near invulnerable in CC with these guys some of them may just multicharge your first wave of units and lock you down in your deployment zone completely.

That is, sadly, a good point. How about something like this then?

HQs-

Legate Marshal - Solar Pattern Cohort, Close Combat Weapon/Laspistol (I'm not doing CC), and Stoic Defender

Troops-

Rifle Tercio - 3x20 man squads (Rifle Sargeant, and Vox Interlock) + 10-man Line Command Squad (Command Vox)

Rifle Tercio - 3x20 man squads (Rifle Sargeant, and Vox Interlock)

Veletaris Tercio - 2x10 Storm Sections (Volkite) and 10-man Vanguard Section (Rotor Cannons) with 3 Aurox Transports

Veletaris Tercio - 2x10 Storm Sections (Volkite) and 10-man Vanguard Section (Heavy Flamers, Hand Flamer, and Power Axe) with 3 Aurox Transports

Fast Attack-

Thunderbolt Figher - Hellstrike Missiles

Heavy Support-

Armored Tercio - 3x1 Squadrons (Vanquisher Cannon, Co-axil Autocannon, and Lascannon)

Armored Batter - 2x1 Squadrons (Medusa Canon and Heavy Stubber)

Valdor Tank Destroyer - Flare Shield and Lascannon

The plan doesn't change too much but now there is a lot less models starting on the table and six transports surging forward to secure objectives and deal out some close ranged firepower while the rifle sections crawl forward, laying down las. The command section will be joined by the legate and will do its level best to hide and the medusas are there to be less effective executioners.

Sadly I don't think the veletari really solve this lists issue as they still can't hurt 2+ Saves and won't clear power armor quickly. In general I think there's still too much small calibre stuff around and too little heavy-duty firepower.

What are the elements that you definitely want in this list? What would you like to include? What do you definitely not want to field?

Quickly threw this together:

HQ: 

Legate Marshall, Ultramar Cohort (his only job is to hide with a vox, hence no gear)

Tactical Command Tercio:

Command Section, 9 Companions, 10 Plasma Guns, Vox, Cohort Vexilla, Stoic Defender, Aurox

2x Companions Section, 10 Companions, 10 Plasma Guns, Vox-link, Aurox

(The only auxillia infantry that can reasonably hurt most legion units, one of them even pins and scores)

Troops:

2x Rifle Tercio:

Command Section with Vox

2× Rifle Section, 20 each, voxlink 

(This is still a lot of Infantry for scoring)

Fast Attack: 

Thunderbolt, Hellstrike Missiles

(I really like this guy, great value)

Heavy Support:

2x Armored Tercio:

3×1 Leman Russ Vanquisher, Lascannon

Armored Tercio:

2×1 Leman Russ Vanquisher, Lascannon 

(Your best heavy duty firepower)