Hello everyone!

CheeseWheel55

I'm DJ or Cheese Wheel, don't really care what you call me. I do not currently play 40k or 30k, but I have a pretty good idea of what I want to play. For 40k, those would be: Tyranids, Salamanders, Space Wolves, and Deathwatch(working on a kind of successor chapter for them). For 30k, it's pretty much the same just without the Tyranids or DW. I also don't really know too much about the lore, so any recommendations on where to start are greatly appreciated.

I'm glad to be a part of this hobby and hope y'all had/have a great day!

Edited by CheeseWheel55

Welcome!  Any idea which of those armies you'll start with?

As far as lore, the best place to start is probably the relevant codexes.  Current codexes tend to be a little light on lore but older ones (which are often available cheap from used book sellers or eBay due to outdated rules) have some good material. 

On 11/27/2023 at 12:20 AM, Tyriks said:

Welcome!  Any idea which of those armies you'll start with?

As far as lore, the best place to start is probably the relevant codexes.  Current codexes tend to be a little light on lore but older ones (which are often available cheap from used book sellers or eBay due to outdated rules) have some good material. 

Probably Tyranids AND Deathwatch.

I bought the 9th edition Tyranid codex shortly before 10th came out, so I got that! Though you probably mean before that.