The Siege of Terra paper books??

Hey Team, 

As an old luddite, I'm hating on the new GW site, and BL is no clearer, so the big questions for the brains trust are:

Are the SoT books all available in Dead tree format .

And if so, are there any other compulsory reads alongside them?

I have read the first 30 or so HH books, but not for a few years so my memory is not awesome, just want to kind of finish it up.....

Thanks Brother,

but I only see them in eBook and mp3, and audio epub and mobi.

Any help appreciated....

Edit: the other link... lolz.

Weird they sell paper books on the GW site and not in BL, well not on the pathway I looked.

Thanks again Kaster K.

:biggrin:

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

I would strongly recommend Fury of Magnus in addition to the main Siege series. Magnus features heavily in Echoes of Eternity but without reading FOM first, his section makes a lot less sense. FOM also shows what he is doing in the earlier part of the Siege as he is mainly absent from the early novels.

I think FOM should have been part of the main series as it is really the crucial turning point in Magnus's arc. Lost and Damned and First Wall both feel somewhat padded. They could have been trimmed down and Magnus's arc spread across those two books.

Amazon could be your friend, at least in the US

SoT books

Notice that volume 8 "The End and the Death" is not on this list, offered as a boxed set.

I also agree that the novellas (both of them) have essential info and should be read.

You mention that you have read about 30 HH volumes. I would recommend revisiting the series. No need to read all 54 of them, but there are several books in the last 25 entries that you should read before starting with the SoT 

2 hours ago, EverythingIsGreat said:

I also agree that the novellas (both of them) have essential info and should be read.

I disagree that Sons of the Selenar is relevant to anything unless you're very invested in those characters from earlier novels. I note that you forgot the third novella about Garro and I think that's the correct choice. :wink:

50 minutes ago, Cactus said:

I disagree that Sons of the Selenar is relevant to anything unless you're very invested in those characters from earlier novels. I note that you forgot the third novella about Garro and I think that's the correct choice. :wink:

You are right, I did forget Garro. This is it: Garro dies. As (probable) resolution, I thought it was an anticlimax to the entire Garro arc, which had some very interesting parts.

Imo, Selenar breaks new ground in the lore, filling in details of the setting that were only passingly mentioned before, especially in the HH depictions we had to date. Plus there's a couple of Heresy characters. Also, a Selenar appears late in the SoT series, perhaps in an important role, and the character, though not in the novella, feels less strange to me for having read Selenar.

So in summary I'm I'm hearing I should read:

Fury of Magnus

Sons of Selenar

SoT 1-6, 7 coming out March next year??

How does The End and the Death fit in?

Also, how about later HH books (after #30) such as The Master of Mankind or Garro etc (I'm judging them by their names atm).

Obviously I'm looking to read relevant books and not just fillers like many turned out to be.

Thanks in advance again!

Wolfsbane, Titandeath and Slaves to Darkness are all also pretty important as between them, they set up which Primarchs are present at the Siege (and also explain 2 absences). Make sure you read them in that order though. There was a bit of a mix up in publishing so Slaves to Darkness actually came out before Titandeath even though the story actually follows on after it.

Praetorian of Dorn is a good one if you can find it too. It helps set up the Siege and sheds a bit more light on what the Alpha Legion are up to.