Heresy Thursday - Dark Emissary Consul

So in terms of Legion-specific Consuls, we're still missing...

• DA Paladin
  • EC Phoenix Warden
  • SW Speaker of the Dead / Caster of Runes.
  • IW  IF Castellan
  • WB Diabloist
  • AL Saboteur

I assume Jarls, Thegn and Iron Fathers will just be covered by the Praetor models.

It might be for Legions without a unique Consul they just get a dedicated Legion-model for a standard Consul, like how Thousand Sons received their own Librarian last week. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

Nice miniature,except for the grumpy face(no helmet option?),  but I expected something more sinister.I think it can make an excellent librarian for a SoH army.

Changing icons between  staff and backpack is necessary to make a proper Dark Emissary 

And another miniature an mk IV!  Maybe new plastic  models are coming out soon!

2 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

So in terms of Legion-specific Consuls, we're still missing...

• DA Paladin
  • EC Phoenix Warden
  • SW Speaker of the Dead / Caster of Runes.
  • IF Castellan
  • WB Diabloist
  • AL Saboteur

I assume Jarls, Thegn and Iron Fathers will just be covered by the Praetor models.

It might be for Legions without a unique Consul they just get a dedicated Legion-model for a standard Consul, like how Thousand Sons received their own Librarian last week. 

I think an Iron Father in terminator armor was released, right?

Fantastic looking model.

But the Raven Guard, Salamanders, Iron Warriors, and World Eaters still don't have a Praetor. And the Sons of Horus get yet another character. 90% sure next week will be another Imperial Fist, if not more LI.

20 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Mark 4 new design confirmed

The new legs on this really stand out to me, even compared to the most recent TS model.

There was also a rumor going around in the launch, might have been from Valrak or maybe even multiple places, that they had already redesigned all the MK II - MK VI armor marks, before even the Age of Darkness box was out. Considering we've now seen all but MK V in some capacity, there's good evidence that is correct.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Hummm... Dark Emissary... Does it indicates that, in the end, Horus is only a puppet of Be´lakor??? This one already sent his own Dark Emissaries everywhere previously.

image.png.39cf804fa63decc44a00ac216033b76d.png 

Nice new mini anyway. It could be used as well as a proxy Sorcerer or a Dark Apostle too.

9 minutes ago, TempestBlade said:

Why not just make the move to plastic? I feel like more people would be tempted to pick it up then.

Because resin moulds are significantly cheaper to make than plastic ones and that means GW can make their investment back with a lower number of units sold. Makes it ideal for minis like this which have limited appeal and therefore not likely to sell in significant numbers.

You've got to remember that Heresy is already a niche within a niche, and individual legions are even smaller niches within that; the customer pool for minis like this is actually quite small. 

58 minutes ago, Dont-Be-Haten said:

Fantastic looking model.

But the Raven Guard, Salamanders, Iron Warriors, and World Eaters still don't have a Praetor. And the Sons of Horus get yet another character. 90% sure next week will be another Imperial Fist, if not more LI.

My money is on the IF Castellan. 

I think they'll round out the legion specific consuls, in particular the ones which are new to 2.0, before we get to the missing legion praetors. 

I like that there's what looks like the beginnings of some suspiciously Chaos looking points appearing on the trim on various parts of this model. Though I can't help but feel he's missing some Cthonian gang scratchings or some bonding studs somewhere on his armour. In comparison to Maloghurst and the Praetors, I feel like the Dark Emissary needed that little extra SoH roughness and edge.

The Librarian last time did really blow me away though, so perhaps I'm just being overly picky, it is a really nice looking model and I do love those little Chaos points starting to poke their head into the design language.