The Advent (Rumour) Engine 2023

11 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

g22ZK5MYYDbGGbY5.jpg

Another day, another potion, I'd imagine it's another part of this:

UsozOw7WyRe6Qa3D.jpg

Maybe, but the new image looks more "nurglish" or quacklike and the older one is more arcane magical.

New one makes me think of this guy https://www.warhammer.com/en-NL/shop/Rotbringers-Festus-the-Leechlord

While the older one seems more tzeentchy or nighthaunt. Sometimes they like to put out things that seem to be the same thing as a previous one, but in reality arent.

22 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I think it might be a bit too clean to be Festus, that wood is maggot free! :biggrin:

I do agree with that. Its funny though that we have several similar RE.. an older perfume one wich makes you think slaanesh, but its not explicitely so, then the new one lacking maggots.. nurglish.. but not explicitely. The other one could be tzeentch but again lacking any expectable elements. Undivided chaos alchemist ? ;) we need a rumor engine with a vial/cup of blood but no skulls whatsoever next.

Edited by TheMawr

5 hours ago, grailkeeper said:

I'd bet its part of a new board game. 

When looking at the previous mixed advent rumor engines I also realised despite being different elements of it, a good chunk of them where for the Cursed city boardgame.. and there is a chance thats also happening here too.

Im still seeing a chance for an Inquisitor theme boardgame.. but I think I made this suggestion the previous time too ;)

Its just the mystery codex in summer cant be both guard and inquisition ( actually it absolutely can, as they did the exact same thing with eldar, but I dont think GW does that here even if it would make more sense to do it here than with eldar ).. yet both have obvious rumor engines and some rumors going, wich means either of the sides might be a more commemorative single miniature release and not a codex one, or a boardgame release wich would not show on the codex roadmap.

Edited by Tyriks
removed off topic

3 hours ago, Halandaar said:

IMO these three all feel related even if they are not necessarily parts of the same individual model.

image.png.db0b6ae9abf1292de7478d79cd28bd95.pngimage.png.3618b949ce559c182ed9dd89af70c9dd.pngimage.png.f93f38ef05ebde84bfd7c24dc5f4f9e5.png

Maybe add this older one to the mix :

2023-01-10.jpg

The fingers always struck me as odd and undefined, but, they would fit a nurgling I think ?

( though Im still not sure the pouring potion is part of it, and its just Warcom toying around, it looks very nighthaunt.)

edit : To illustrate what I mean ( as Im obviously not talking about the faces in the smoke wich can be anywhere imho )

pxwxwztt.jpg.e167770b4adf6b8af945452195e0ff63.jpg

The arm and fingers follow a similar aesthic to other newer Nighthaunt character models ( in contrary to the older ones wich are just thin pale human appendages). the red thing at the top could also be a cuff ( though I think its too thin ) or the corner of the cloth.

Edited by TheMawr

16 minutes ago, MechaMan said:

Will they reveal this stuff on Xmas day? 

Last time with a mixed advent engine they did not. I personally dont think they do it now either ( as its probably too many different things.)

Some where revealed, or teased again, in the new years video https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/01/01/new-year-preview-sample-the-decadent-delights-2021-has-in-store/

So there is that.

And then probably some a couple of weeks later at LVO.. but that time alot was only revealed a couple of months later.

Edited by TheMawr

20 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

84kLzgMw83Cqj8pg.thumb.jpg.d3505665be06c7fd6f22c3290c81f42b.jpg

What is best in life

Crush the Rumour Engine

See it driven before you

It's a pretty clear cut one today too, thems Darkoath boots (I literally finished painting some up a couple of days ago)

60010299030_EngWCRedHarvestGroup01.jpg.d2f77ae874cda2701894af0062376d2f.jpg

I think you're right ( especially since there are other older 99% Darkoath rumor engines ) but the boot also looks ( and by how thin the feet look even more so, but that could be perspective.) like the cursed city Kurnothi Elf hero.

But AoS again...

I really should uphold my previous strategy and ignore AoS.. now IF this was 40k ( wich it really isnt ) ;

An Atillan Castellan character on horse !

edit : his/her greatcoat strategically flying away ofcourse

edit 2 : Not horse ofcourse but a Grox, or newly invented Hippogrox

Edited by TheMawr

You already got your squigrox at home :p

On another note, as I was scrolling the store for images for one of those visual rumor collection sheets I sometimes make I noticed two things ; Solar Auxilia kits are starting to be "Sold out online" ( in NL, didnt check other countries ) and the second, that solar auxilia shares tank kits with krieg. ( I didnt know that, the rest of you probably did ;) )

I know alot of people here believe GW isnt doing the cross sale anymore, but personally I could see GW capitalizing on some plastic HH Solar Auxilia kits ( the tanks, maybe even the robust sentinel ) and have an "out of codex" small splash release of Krieg elements in winter/spring. ( something like a HQ unit and big upgrade sprue like the cadian one )

This would explain their featuring in the advent engine ( despite there also obviously being no evidence that it represent imminent releases.) but also the lack of concrete release rumors  apart from krieg is coming in some form, as more detailed rumors imho seem to come from boxset or codex related releases, not the splash releases.

just another theory for speculation, not one Id bet money on ;). Probably also not one that would make the fans happy either if it turns out something like that. ( but it beats a theory where all the guard/krieg rumors are a single dioramic ruin scene with a krieg banner bearer on top as a commemorative miniature.)

14 hours ago, TheMawr said:

On another note, as I was scrolling the store for images for one of those visual rumor collection sheets I sometimes make I noticed two things ; Solar Auxilia kits are starting to be "Sold out online" ( in NL, didnt check other countries ) and the second, that solar auxilia shares tank kits with krieg. ( I didnt know that, the rest of you probably did ;) )

I checked this, and there are a quite a few kits no longer available/sold out online. In the US, it's quite exensive, with the Tactical Command, the two Veletaris squads, the Basilisk/Medusa, Dracosan and Malcador Annihilator. If we go to the UK store, some of those are in stock, but the Lasrifle Section is sold out online (what used to be no longer available).

So Solar Auxilia are almost certainly getting a release, with those kits probably what the roster is going to look like.

More-more Varanguard!

C9ehHitpjdxNk13O.thumb.png.4ae5489def71d694d22baef6a553dfe5.png

I'm pretty sure it's the armour on the Lady of Ruin, supports the previous engine mouth

27 minutes ago, Plague _Lord said:

It's obviously barbarian themed hence the line from Conan "what is best in life?..." 

They left out "and hear the lamentation of the women" :D

The barbarian line is something I did, not GW :sweat:

32 minutes ago, Plague _Lord said:

It's obviously barbarian themed hence the line from Conan "what is best in life?..." 

They left out "and hear the lamentation of the women" :D

By that analogy its more likely to be elvish as they talk how stylish the boot is on the warhammer community side.. something you definitely would not associate with barbarians ;) ( I think the line you/trawling cleaner refer to might be from another social media page ?)

But I dont think the text with rumor engines has ever had real relevance apart from when its pure coincedence

edit : Ah, the line was not from GW themselves. Explains why I saw another accompanying text

btw, I do think its Darkoath too and not Kurnothi as the prior has had other rumor engines and while the latter is supposed to come in warcry according to a rumor source, that same rumor source seems to imply its more like skaeths wild hunt or even treemen sylvaneth as opposed to the more regular elf WHQ one, that one seems to be a one-off concept.

Edited by TheMawr