Necron Fiction

Prot

I couldn't find any mention of this in the stickies so if I missed it, I apologize. 

I'm pretty big on reading/listening to a ton of Black Library stuff so I thought I'd just plop down some of the better Fiction I'd come across lately. 

Please add any info, or comments on the Necron Fiction you've come across, or anything I list here.

- Nightbringer (I never read this... I tried an Uriel Ventris book and wasn't a huge fan.)

- The Infinite and the Divine (2020)

- The Twice-Dead King: Ruin (2021)  Book 1

- The Twice-Dead King: Reign (2022) Book 2

If you'd like to do a review or add to the list, please do. (Just add Spoiler tags when/if appropriate.)

Great idea! I haven't been reading much fiction lately but here are my recollections.

The Infinite and the Divine was great.  Same with Twice Dead King.

The World Engine - Ben Counter

I honestly don't remember this, I read it a long time ago between answering calls at a call center.

Indomitus - Gav Thorpe

Some good bits, but probably not going to be anyone's favorite.

The Carnac Campaign - various

I remember really liking these short stories. Anrakyr features heavily in one.

Severed - Nate Crowley (short story)

Surprisingly good, honestly wished it was a full length novel.

Dead Men Walking - Steve Lyons

A lot of people have praised this. I found it dull, and not a great representation of Necrons. They just seem like generic enemies most of the time. Could have replaced them with anyone and it wouldn't have changed much if the story, if any.

Fall of Damnos - Nick Kyme

Fine, much more about the Ultramarines but had some interesting Necron scenes.

Edited by Tyriks

Twice Dead King is an excellent pair of books. Absolutely loved it all the way through, specifically appreciating the deep dives into Necrontyr culture and Necron realities.

The Infinite and Divine was a fun read as well, and with it being a short story gets into it pretty quick. I think it's a great representation of those characters and a cool look at the depth of Trazyn's collection.

The 2nd Fabius Bile novel features Trazyn. There's a lot of banter between the two characters and it's one of my favourite 40k books.

There's an anthology of short stories I remember reading, but out of them the one that sticks out is a group of Flayed Ones that routinely attack a settlement of humans.

I have also enjoyed the campaign books from the last few years. Shield of Baal featured Anrakyr and saw the Mephrit Dynasty as main players. The Psychic Awakening books also had some good bits in them, again notably a Flayed One story showing a way they can stalk prey. The stories aren't too deep sitting in campaign books but are fun nonetheless.

I'll have to check for Severed and The World Engine on Black Library. I've always wanted to read those books.