Post your Micro Machines a.k.a. your Epic Baby Rhinos (Dec Warhammer Store free mini)

N1SB

IMG_20231208_134427.thumb.jpg.2efbf09ab93b84cfe23761ed5fe10c58.jpg

I did mine in World Eater colours.  The White and Blue scheme was kinda bland so I had it run over some teeny tiny enemies:

• Basecoat: Zenithal Black then straight to White, gives it like a film grain effect
  • Then Wash: Dreadful Visage, that new Constrast to shade everything, goes into lines
  • Then Blue: 1 thin, well-shaken coat of Asurmen Blue the Contrast for the hatches
  • Then the 2 Umbra Bolters atop the Rhino: Black Templar Conrast
  • Now I Drybrushed White on all that
  • Then Bronze: rather than Gunmetal, because that's too grey, the mini's too White & Black already
  • BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD: that Technical Paint applied with a sponge to the front
  • Then Tamiya Smoke: gives a glisten to all the Blood and to the Bronze, Gloss Agrax Earthshade works
  • World Eater Transfer: just on the top hatch because the Warhammer Manager gave it me
  • Matt Varnish: the heck out of that top hatch with the transfer, seal it, take the glossy outline away

I loved building and painting this, it was just the right amount of detail, far easier than Aeronautica Imperialis.  I find these totes adorbs, would not resent having to paint this to transport my Infantry because they're really the only objective scorers in Legiones Imperialis.  US Dollar Bill just to show the scale to my non-Warhammer friends.

What Legion are you painting and how?  Also...can use this for Badab War, eh?  Much Mk VI Beakies, so 1st ed 40k Rogue Trader era.

Edited by N1SB

IMG_20231210_165910.thumb.jpg.52f723a064fc2f8d355bfd69cea44582.jpg

Our Warhammer Store did this Fishes & Loaves thing, like the Manager gave us the free Baby Rhino mini, but asked we bring them back.

The normal reaction is, "You're not the boss of me, you're not my real mom!  I'M the customer," but since he gave it to us free, we're, "Maybe."

Then he showed his own test schemes...and then someone else posted theirs, then we all kinda raced to get ours done.  It was hilarious.

So we had a bunch of different takes on these.  Most of us used mostly Contrast.  The Iron Warrior (from this exceptionally great guy, a true trusted advisor fella, named Ivan), the Red X on Black guy behind him and I had a similar thought, that the top hatch is kinda like the shoulder of an Astartes, for the Legion colour and emblem.  Sons of Horus guy free-hand drew an eye of Horus on his, great job there.  The Thousand Sons used some sort of sticker he printed, great stuff.

I really don't know how I'd feel after painting, say, 10, but the 1st one was certainly a lot of fun.  Epic, now with Contrast paints available.

• 2 weeks later...