Renegades - Lord of Excess by Rich McCormick

His legs look really long. They look like they are 150% the length of his torso and head. I guess he never skipped warp leg day.

I loved the portrayal of post Heresy EC in the Fabius Bile trilogy, but then Josh Reynolds is a really talented writer. Hopefully this is more like the FB trilogy, Black Legion trilogy(?), or Lords of Silence, and less like Angron The Red Angel which was mostly a boring slog that would have worked better as a Grey Knights book.

I’m a fan of the EC so I will probably buy this regardless. I enjoy CSM books about previously unknown characters (e.g. Lords of Silence) as they give the writer license to explore the deep cuts of the faction.

39 minutes ago, Rain said:

His legs look really long. They look like they are 150% the length of his torso and head. I guess he never skipped warp leg day.

bottom of feet to top of feet looks to be roughly the same length as bottom of crotch to top of head, which is actually a fairly decent set of proportions, its skewed a bit because of the loin cloth. Legs are probably slightly too long, but nothing like as much as you suggest

I’ll bite because I’m watching my toddler and have nothing better to do while she sings along to Super Simple Songs.

image.thumb.jpeg.56fb0b87fde47899afb2682e98d8c04b.jpeg

They are very long. Also his left leg is bent slightly as he is stepping forward, so his actual leg would be even longer than it appears from the perspective. 150% may have been an exaggeration, but they are clearly very long.

That said, he’s a Slaanesh marine. Human proportions may not apply. It is what it is.

I haven't read Harrowmaster yet, but I hope one of these books has a CSM protagonist that isnt a HH veteran. It's been a few years since the Siege of Terra, you figure some new blood would be around

I also hope these books cover some of the renegade chapters like the Flawless Host and such. Looking forward to this one though

Honestly the proportions seem fine, though I guess it depends if we count hips towards the length of the legs or the length of the torso. If anything the head may be a bit on the smaller side but that can be struck down to it being a marine in massive slabs of armour.

To visualize my point I spent ten thousand years in MSpaint.

DoZ00PE2etBUsnF8.thumb.jpg.79e2640a70460100fbd5e5c699c67a43.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Honestly the proportions seem fine, though I guess it depends if we count hips towards the length of the legs or the length of the torso. If anything the head may be a bit on the smaller side but that can be struck down to it being a marine in massive slabs of armour.

To visualize my point I spent ten thousand years in MSpaint.

DoZ00PE2etBUsnF8.thumb.jpg.79e2640a70460100fbd5e5c699c67a43.jpg

Yep yours is exactly how I read the image 

1 hour ago, Rain said:

I’ll bite because I’m watching my toddler and have nothing better to do while she sings along to Super Simple Songs.

image.thumb.jpeg.56fb0b87fde47899afb2682e98d8c04b.jpeg

They are very long. Also his left leg is bent slightly as he is stepping forward, so his actual leg would be even longer than it appears from the perspective. 150% may have been an exaggeration, but they are clearly very long.

That said, he’s a Slaanesh marine. Human proportions may not apply. It is what it is.

The green should measure to the bottom of the groin, legs to the top of the hips (I.e. there is some overlap)

On 12/9/2023 at 1:23 PM, sitnam said:

I haven't read Harrowmaster yet, but I hope one of these books has a CSM protagonist that isnt a HH veteran. It's been a few years since the Siege of Terra, you figure some new blood would be around

I also hope these books cover some of the renegade chapters like the Flawless Host and such. Looking forward to this one though

You're in luck then because the main character of Harrowmaster, Solomon Akurra, is only 242 years old, with his entire warband being a post-Heresy development.  No warp storms, no time shenanigans beyond regular warp travel.

8 minutes ago, Jareddm said:

You're in luck then because the main character of Harrowmaster, Solomon Akurra, is only 242 years old, with his entire warband being a post-Heresy development.  No warp storms, no time shenanigans beyond regular warp travel.

I guess I found my next book after Genefather, thanks!