Upcoming BL Stuff 2024

aa.logan

1 hour ago, wecanhaveallthree said:

Heh heh heh.

'BEHEAD ALL LYONS 0/5 STARS' 

I think there's a legitimate question of how fair a discussion of a book is when someone hate-read it over the course of a day. It takes a lot of readers AGES to actually get through a book they dislike, so a combination of a speedy read with how little they thought of it implies the kind of discussion that some Fraters won't find any value in. Also, Reddit has produced some absolute piss takes on books accompanied by a day 1 plot summary. For readers like me who value execution so highly, these early negative reviews are often the opinions of people who reduce a book to bullet points (not necessarily speaking about this specific poster,) and aren't a good metric for much of anything. 

To put it in a meme-ier way: we fear the Reading Comprehension Devil has claimed another victim.

That said, the guy appears up-front about how he dislikes Lyons' other books so the YMMV is at least implicit.

Also, come now WeCHAT, you know some people are here for the updoots.

Edited by Roomsky

On 6/26/2024 at 12:46 AM, Roomsky said:

To put it in a meme-ier way: we fear the Reading Comprehension Devil has claimed another victim.

....and here I am, still huffing Reze copium ;_;

Anyhow, I scrolled over that thread and yikes, it seemed very miserable. Lots of "you confirmed my bias against this author/his take on Krieg"-type posts, as if half the sub just wanted to get approval to hate what they got presented with without ever engaging with it themselves. Last time I encountered it so obviously I was in a Star Wars subreddit...

20 hours ago, DarkChaplain said:

....and here I am, still huffing Reze copium ;_;

Anyhow, I scrolled over that thread and yikes, it seemed very miserable. Lots of "you confirmed my bias against this author/his take on Krieg"-type posts, as if half the sub just wanted to get approval to hate what they got presented with without ever engaging with it themselves. Last time I encountered it so obviously I was in a Star Wars subreddit...

No one quite hates Star Wars like Star Wars fans

Let's hope the 40k franchise is spared from that hater attitude becoming mainstream

Edited by The Scorpion

To be fair, fans normally became fans because they like a setting/IP as it stands when they become fans. Start deviating away from that status quo and fans are going to moan as the thing they fell in love with is changing.

The level and type of change you accept will depend on you as an individual. For me I can accept changes like, for example, female* space marines or custodes, but a move away from grimdark dystopia to noblebright would kill my interest. Others may feel differently.

*warrants (yet another) thread of its own in right forum of course, but for me this works as I have always envisaged space marines as “other” literally transhuman who develop away from the baseline. But it means the models would therefore not actually have female characteristics.

7 hours ago, Nagashsnee said:

no story

I mean.... they had Dan bloody Abnett write the thing. Even a comic that went with the collector's edition (which is basically essential stuff they couldn't be bothered to animate as well).

But damn, they really didn't want to model anything they didn't need to. Lots of fog effects so they wouldn't need to do proper environments, and so forth.

3 hours ago, DarkChaplain said:

I mean.... they had Dan bloody Abnett write the thing. Even a comic that went with the collector's edition (which is basically essential stuff they couldn't be bothered to animate as well).

But damn, they really didn't want to model anything they didn't need to. Lots of fog effects so they wouldn't need to do proper environments, and so forth.

Always put that down to budget.

You gotta love all that walking though!