Upcoming BL Stuff 2024

aa.logan

This is pretty typical of all of Warhammer+ at this point. None of it is worth paying for, but it would make excellent FREE content on their various platforms to drive customers towards the products they're talking about (paints and models in the "master" classes and books in these author interviews).

Someday soon I expect to hear a news story about a Warhammer+ producer locking his keys in his car and having to break the window to get the vice president of programming out.

For someone who doesn't care about minis/tabletop, WH+ is completely pointless. Mira and Track of Words do a much better job at interviews anyway. Often these official interviews done by BL are not even that great.

The more they keep milking it, the less I'm spending.

Agree, but I can't help but wonder if within the next year or two it will turn into "your favorite authors have written these stories, exclusive for Warhammer+ subscribers"

This is pretty typical of all of Warhammer+ at this point. None of it is worth paying for, but it would make excellent FREE content on their various platforms to drive customers towards the products they're talking about (paints and models in the "master" classes and books in these author interviews).

Someday soon I expect to hear a news story about a Warhammer+ producer locking his keys in his car and having to break the window to get the vice president of programming out.

I still weep for what the Warhammer channel on Youtube was like when Duncan & Peachy were still around working for them, and actually doing proper painting videos. Now it's dumbed down to the absolute minimum, without charm, without even doing the entire miniature. It's often just "here's how you paint fur", where before any big release would get a full-length video covering them for sure, and they'd give you full warband painting tutorials for stuff like Warhammer Underworlds.

....the actual painting videos for this unpainted miniatures company which also sells hundreds of premium-priced paints, you have to pay for a subscription service with very little on offer overall. Amazing.

https://amzn.eu/d/h1211aC

Does this seem like a Dark Coil anthology or a new book?

And does anyone know what the following book listed on Fnac is about:

https://www.fnac.com/a20766343/Warhammer-Embargo-R-Mc-Niven

Likely nothing too exciting unfortunately. Damnation is probably the Dark Coil collection that was previously released as a SE. 

The embargoed book is probably Oaths of Damnation in French, or maybe German.

Hope I’m wrong and it’s two new books though!

Damnation should be the long wished-for Dark Coil omnibus, going by the page count. It's omnibus-level.

...not saying that Peter wouldn't totally have it in him to write a single novel that long, though!

If it’s an Omnibus, I Hope it is in the author’s preferred story sequence

If it's an omnibus I'm guessing it'll just be the softback print of the limited edition from the start of the year. Not that I'm complaining.

With how quickly the last LE sold out and Fire Caste being in the last Humble Bundle a 'Phaedra Omnibus' must be rearing it's head at some point? 

Edited by Lord Marshal

*I've reworded this. More below. I'm leaving the article as it could impact BL, as he has done work for them and is now working more with Warlord

https://warlord-community.warlordgames.com/gav-thorpe-konflikt-47-writing-team/

*edit as other have pointed out I may have drawn a conclusion that wasn't there. I jumped the gun in assuming that it would be similar to when Graham McNeill worked at Riot where we didn't see any BL from him (or next to none)

Edited by darkhorse0607

Gav hasnt worked for GW for yeeears at this point, nearly all his novels were freelance, in fact hasnt he been doing freelance work for Warlord for a while now? I guess they liked his work enough to give him a better offer, but i suspect he will still be writing for Black library too, its not like anyone pays writers too much lol

Second to last dawn of fire book coming. The landing better be otherworldly cause the trip has left me wanting to complain about the flight, food, staff and check in.

Hopefully they introduced an actual overarching plot in this one other then chaos wants evil daggers to ...do evil things.

Won't bash Kyme too much, but he would not be my choice for this. On the other hand him on dawn of fire frees up everyone else so...maybe he should do the finale too?

Edited by Nagashsnee

I am also interested in that Mechanicum book for sure.

Would appreciate an article on Warcom with the author ( or even without him) on what this book will be tackling.

They did a few paragraphs on July 24th in case you didn't see it

"Elsewhere in the galaxy, the forge world of Gryphonne IV is dead. Consumed by the relentless Hive Fleet Leviathan, only a handful of Magi survived, now devoid of purpose. Explorator Talin Sherax refuses to let hope die, and after learning of a powerful relic that could return everything to its former glory, she sets off on a long and dangerous journey.

Dominion Genesis by Jonathan D Beer is an epic quest into the unknown, where protagonist Talin feels the pull of heresy keenly, as she attempts to turn back time for the Adeptus Mechanicus. "