Upcoming BL Stuff 2024

aa.logan

Beer is good! … and so is Jonathan!  Have enjoyed all his output so far, especially the aforementioned King of the Spoil.

As for Dawn of Fire, I really, really hope Haley is working on the finale.  It started well then wandered off script, imho, and needs to refocus on the original premise.

Kind of a side topic im not sure where id put this but I was ordering the Hand of Abbadon LE today and was logged in at 12:54 PM EST and it was purchasable at that time but usually in NA its supposed to be at 12:55 EST. Has GW changed anything as it was working like this before with the Morvenn Vahl book and Ahriman Undying.

Kind of a side topic im not sure where id put this but I was ordering the Hand of Abbadon LE today and was logged in at 12:54 PM EST and it was purchasable at that time but usually in NA its supposed to be at 12:55 EST. Has GW changed anything as it was working like this before with the Morvenn Vahl book and Ahriman Undying.

Weird, I didn't notice a time difference this week or when Morvenn Vahl/Ahriman released. Consider yourself blessed by the Omnissiah I suppose :laugh:

The box itself is emblazoned with the author’s signature.” Is such strange phrasing, I can’t stop returning to re-read it.

Downgraded to just one book, as standard for these boxes- “Twice-dead King: Ruin is signed by the author”

Edited by aa.logan

It seems since the last SoT LE, it's not that difficult to get LEs. Often I see them now available days later. Just like it was before Solar War

Don't worry frater, I'm sure we'll make an expedient return to the status quo once the shiny new Scouring series is announced!

Edited by LemartestheLost

Did that Era of Ruin limited edition "from a charity shop" end up being revealed as a hoax, or are we expecting that at some point still too? After the initial post, I heard very little about it.

GW didn't say anything about it which might be a sign it's false.

We still haven't had the Siege of Terra box set, Horus Heresy box set (all of them), End and the Death Directors Cut and Extended Edition, Horus Rising limited edition reprint with commentary, and the official limited edition Siege of Terra Epilogue

So we have time.

On a serious note though,  GW has also in the past refused to acknowledge leaks if they're true but too far out, so it might be real?

Don’t worry, the scalpers will be back for the last DoW book.  Last book in a series will produce more FOMO angst than a one-off like say Dominion Genesis regardless of the quality of the writing.

I dont know, the last couple of dawn of fire (including the latest which has its LE still for sale on the EU site) seem to lack a LE audience.  Sea of souls LE was available for WEEKS! Weeks, oh how the mighty LE has fallen, scalpers will only chance guaranteed profits, and dawn of fire LE are struggling to shift at retail.  The only reaon the final book would change this is if the audience willing to pay to complete collection exists, and it doesn't seem too. 

HH was special cause it had allot of fans who do not play or are connected to warhammer, they had for maybe their only time an audience not tied to the games, actual honest to god readers of books.  PLUS all the hardcore warhammer people. The demand was there. I cant see anything of the dubious quality and unknow (even to me and i read them all!) plot and lore draw in anywhere near those kind of numbers.

And lastly and perhaps key, people are angry over how BL did the HH book series, and i am not talking about complaints over the end and death vols 1-123. BL dropped the ball on demand for the HH LE, they dropped it hard, have never really communicated on the subject, and have show no intent to do anything now be it made to order without author signatures, a new line of LE or just something.  We all know they will cash in on it again at some point but thats not good enough.  Which from my personal experience has put some people off BL LE. 

So less demand, middling series, and an utter utter lack of positive hype (i mean just look at all the dawn of fire posts on here, reddit or any of the usual places...) unite to say chances are anyone who wants the final LE will be able to get it on the day. 

I dont know, the last couple of dawn of fire (including the latest which has its LE still for sale on the EU site) seem to lack a LE audience.  Sea of souls LE was available for WEEKS! Weeks, oh how the mighty LE has fallen, scalpers will only chance guaranteed profits, and dawn of fire LE are struggling to shift at retail.  The only reaon the final book would change this is if the audience willing to pay to complete collection exists, and it doesn't seem too. 

HH was special cause it had allot of fans who do not play or are connected to warhammer, they had for maybe their only time an audience not tied to the games, actual honest to god readers of books.  PLUS all the hardcore warhammer people. The demand was there. I cant see anything of the dubious quality and unknow (even to me and i read them all!) plot and lore draw in anywhere near those kind of numbers.

And lastly and perhaps key, people are angry over how BL did the HH book series, and i am not talking about complaints over the end and death vols 1-123. BL dropped the ball on demand for the HH LE, they dropped it hard, have never really communicated on the subject, and have show no intent to do anything now be it made to order without author signatures, a new line of LE or just something.  We all know they will cash in on it again at some point but thats not good enough.  Which from my personal experience has put some people off BL LE. 

So less demand, middling series, and an utter utter lack of positive hype (i mean just look at all the dawn of fire posts on here, reddit or any of the usual places...) unite to say chances are anyone who wants the final LE will be able to get it on the day. 

If you go to Ebay and search "Black Library Limited Edition" there will always be listings of products even those that have released the same day and arent sold out yet, there will always be a certain group of usual suspects who buy the books just to resell them and they dont care when someone buys the book immediately. 

I mean I had some piece of crap (bad condition box) limited edition of Arthas Rise of the Lich King from blizzard entertainment, I had it up as a listing for over a year and someone bought it recently, so I would not underestimate the potential for long term sellers just waiting for someone to come along and buy something. 

Its not the same as scalping but it still puts a kind of fear in me to buy certain things right away because otherwise if something turns out to be good then ill have to pay a reseller a premium price.  That being said im more selective and skipped quite a few limited editions of things i just wasnt interested in or because i have too many books in my back log or even a desire to re-read some old books that I dont care to buy everything.  I mean for limited editions of new books like say The Fall of Cadia which is a hefty investment theres no way  to tell if  I would even like the book beyond liking the author's previous works which isnt always the case as I did not enjoy the Sanguineous Primarch book at all. 

Broken Crusade by Steven B Fischer

Will be released later this year as an MP3, an eBook, and as a special edition hardback. There will also be a regular hardback edition

What a pleasant surprise, will probably give this a go once I finish Oaths of Damnation and Fall of Cadia. I'm a sucker for voidship-based stories. Sea of Souls and my recent reread of Death of Integrity have only expanded my appetite for them it seems!

Edited by LemartestheLost
typo

Its a good cover.

On the topic on covers, anybody else find it unusual that Warcom would announce a new novel releasing with a special edition and then not showcase an image of said SE alongside the hardback? Displaying photos of future releases is probably the only thing Warcom does adequately but that's apparently optional for the BL articles nowadays.

Can any of you recommend the author? I don't believe I've read any of their stuff

It does kind of sound like a Black Templar version of Knights of Macragge but I'm down for that so mark me down as excited

I've heard "Witchbringer" was good, though I haven't had the chance to read it myself.

I'm currently checking the Coteaz and Demonbreaker novels.

Seeing that Broken Crusade is Black Templars vs. Khornate Warbands was enough for me to want to get it!

I'm also happy to see the Author get positive notes above. According to his website (here) he's a physician and outdoorsy type, so that's cool too.

Seeing that Broken Crusade is Black Templars vs. Khornate Warbands was enough for me to want to get it!

I'm also happy to see the Author get positive notes above. According to his website (here) he's a physician and outdoorsy type, so that's cool too.

Seems like a lot of Doctors writing for BL now. 

What happend to the days when thr only qualification you needed was to be a bald nerd who worked in the GW postal department?